Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Lonely male Rabhors,

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Bethany Fellows, Dec 17, 2018.

?

Shall I get Thor a friend?

1. No, at his age he is possibly better off alone

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, a boy of the same breed and age

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes, a girl of the same breed and age

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes, a boy of the same breed but a baby!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Yes a boy of a different breed but same age

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Yes a boy of the different bread and different age

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Yes a girl of the same breed but a baby!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Yes a girl of a different breed and a baby

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Bethany Fellows

Bethany Fellows PetForums Newbie

Hi there!

I have a very lonely male rabbit, 6 years old, I cant remember what breed he is.!

His name is Thor and he used to have a brother Loki and lots of friends, Thor is now the only one left and I am concerned he is very very lonely.

Thor was always super super dominant and sometimes aggressive towards the other rabbits (never in a biting way? Just he has to be first to eat and he used to chase them,)

He has been on his own now for about a year and has calmed down a lot, he is now being very loving and affectionate.

Thor is neutered and has never ever had any health issues.

Thor has lived with both boys and girls but I think preferred living with other boys.

In other people's opinion, should I get him a friend? And what breed, sex and age?

Attached Files:

2. bunnygeek

bunnygeek PetForums Senior

Yes you can definitely try a new bond, do you have any rescues near you who can help?

Breed and age are actually irrelevant to a bond, the only thing the bun cares about is personality. It’s finding a match which doesn’t want to over dominate or ignore him which is tricky. A good rescue may have a few options to try him with.

My old girl was widowed after losing her brother aged 11. She’s now rebonded with a husbun twice her size and only a year old, he’s a big softy and she was desperately lonely and not dominant at all, love at first sight as he was too gentle for younger ladies and would just get beat up.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice