Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

lone winter white dwarf hamster

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by myzoo, May 24, 2010.

1. myzoo

myzoo PetForums Senior

hi i have just been given the chance to adopt a lone winter white dwarf hamsters i know you are supposed to keep them in groups or pairs but this little hamster was a remaining one left from sombodys litter and i can have her tomorrow if i want but my question is would she be ok on her own or would i be best getting another youngster (she is 7weeks old) to go with her i dont want to do anything that would upset or risk the health of this little cutie my concerns about introducing her to another is that they may fight but on the other hand i dont want her to be lonely or shall i just get her and see how she gets on on her own she is a lovely little thing and i know iam being very naughty getting another furrie but i just cant resist her she is so cute and cuddly so comeon guys shall i get her and get another one for her to play with or shall i get her and keep her alone or shall i leave her for sombody else cheers guys :)

2. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

She probably wouldnt accept another hamster now, they are fine on their own and often get seperated once they reach maturity due to fighting. I have three dwarfs together, they are mother and daughters but I still consider myself really lucky to have them together with no fighting. You know we need piccys as soon as you get her dont you.:D

3. myzoo

myzoo PetForums Senior

:)so i guess your answer is get her then yippee new hammie tomorrow cant wait and as soon as she is settled i will show her off to you all she so cute i wont be able to sleep tonight so excited thanks for your reply:)

4. Emmiiee

Emmiiee PetForums Senior

lol I have a robo, he did have a mate, but someone only wanted to buy 1 hammy so left my little herby, so i took him :) he is gourgous, i cnt handle him he is too quick! but he's cute aha x

5. myzoo

myzoo PetForums Senior

thanks this one was from a litter of odd numbers and all the others went in pairs and she couldnt find anybody to take 3 so this little one was left over she is tame but not sure how tame . ive had dwarfs before i had 2 but one killed the other one then ate it shortly after the canibal one died i know its unbeleiveable but he actually ate his brother so in a way iam glad this one is on her own it was horrible to find mylast one in the state i found it well back to the good point before i get upset .iam so excited about tomorrow cant wait and lots of pics to come once she settled in:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice