Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Lone girlie

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by Argent, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Argent

Argent PetForums VIP

Well, lucky for Shank, she's booked in for her spay and lump removal on Monday, so she'll be able to live with her brothers once she's recovered. In the meantime, anyone have any ideas I could use to keep her occupied til then and during her recovery?

She's going to be out of the cage with me pretty much any time she's awake and I'm not dog walking, but she's bound to be lonely/bored at night :( I've got a sock-rat...going to find some hard-shelled nuts for all of them to play with, but I need some more ideas.

2. chrisd

chrisd PetForums VIP

I don't know if this works with rats but mirrors sometimes keep animals company as they think there's another animal with them. Other than that the only thing I can think of is another girl rat! Good luck!

3. Argent

Argent PetForums VIP

Thanks for the advice about the mirror. I'm not sure if she'd be able to work out what it was tbh! They don't use their eyes much, more their senses of smell and touch...she's within eyeshot of her brothers. I'm not allowed any more rats, otherwise I would definitely get her a new little sister - this is just temporary til she recovers from her spay and then she'll meet her brothers.

4. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

I'm not sure what about the treat dispensers that they have to really think about getting them out?

5. Argent

Argent PetForums VIP

I do have some plastic dog balls with 5p sized holes (or a weensy bit smaller) that I can stuff with yums for her, that could help keep her busy of a night :)

6. chrisd

chrisd PetForums VIP

7. febegraceeyre

febegraceeyre PetForums Newbie

There are a lot of great ideas on here for keeping little minds busy
    A firm favourite with my friends rats is the peafishing! :)

Rat Toy Ideas

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice