Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Lola is missing :(

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by cherrie_b, Aug 7, 2009.

1. cherrie_b

cherrie_b PetForums VIP

I came home from work this morning at 1.45am and Lola was, as usual, waiting for me. We had a cuddle then I came up to bed.

This morning, I woke up to a text from my housemate at 3am saying that he heard a horrific cat scream last night...like a cat had been hurt.

Lola is nowhere to be seen. I have looked all down my street, nothing. I have looked in the back gardens next to my house...nothing.

I have only seen 2 other cats in our area so I can only fear the worst. :( :( She never ventures further than the back gardens. :( :(

I am going to print some posters off now. :( :( :(

2. lizward

lizward PetForums VIP

Is she entire or neutered?

Liz

3. cherrie_b

cherrie_b PetForums VIP

She is neutered...thank goodness. She is a Bengal cross...and you can tell she has Bengal in her. What frightens me is that my housemate heard this loud cat scream at 3am ish. She usually comes to my room at 6am for breakfast...but she didn't. :(

Do you think I should ring around the vets now or wait until later before they close?

Thanks
    Cheryl

4. cherrie_b

cherrie_b PetForums VIP

I have rang around the vets in Preston but they have heard nothing. I left mine and Lola's details just in case. I called the RSPCA and as usual they haven't answered the phone. :( :( :(

I have bought some smelly fish to entice her back to the garden. I will sit out there for a while and listen for her bell. :( :( :( :( :( :(

5. Cat_Crazy

Cat_Crazy PetForums VIP

I am so sorry to hear that Lola has not returned home.

I imagine you are very worried!

What might help to put your mind at rest is to call the local council and ask them to put through to environmental health.

They can give you details of any cats picked up by the roadside.

Sadly they do not inform owners unless they call.

I really hope that this is not the case but it will put your mind at rest knowing that she has not been hit by a car.

Hope to hear that she is home soon!

6. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

aww no :(

I really hope you get her back, is there anywhere in your area where she could be hiding? Like a park or sheds or anything?

I really hope she's okay!

7. cherrie_b

cherrie_b PetForums VIP

I have given the council a call but the lady couldn't get through to the team who deal with this sort of thing. She has my name and number and will give me a call when she gets through to them. God....this is sooooo frustrating. :(

8. plumo72

plumo72 PetForums VIP

Oh no i hope nothing has happened to her :(. Hope you get her back soon x

9. cherrie_b

cherrie_b PetForums VIP

Yeh there is. I live in the centre of Preston near Avenham Park which is really huge...and Winkley Square which is a big piece of grassy/picnic grass!

GRRRRRR!!! She is probably chasing butterflies over in the park! I will keep looking though. :(

10. cherrie_b

cherrie_b PetForums VIP

No reports to the council. Have to try again on Monday if I don't find her. :(

11. kath123

kath123 Guest

Have you knocked all your neighbours doors etc and asked them if they have seen her etc?xxx

12. cherrie_b

cherrie_b PetForums VIP

No I haven't knocked on people's doors. There are like 70 houses and flats on my road. If I don't hear anything today...or see her...that will be done though. x

13. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

Sorry she is missing. Perhaps the loud cat squeal was her fighting and she may be hiding somewhere? I would ask the neighbours to check sheds etc. best of luck. My Tilly has been missing 3 days now, it's horrid. :(

14. cherrie_b

cherrie_b PetForums VIP

Oh...I am really sorry! I hope she comes home soooooon! :D

15. kath123

kath123 Guest

ah right ok, would be a long job for you then. I hope she comes back soon xx

16. cherrie_b

cherrie_b PetForums VIP

Yes...long job. Luckily, I only work nights in a pub so I can search all daytime. I have been out again just now but no luck. Tomorrow, I will knock on doors. I am hoping she is chasing butterflies in Avenham Park and intends to come home for the fresh fish I bought her earlier! :D

17. ruthmcnally

ruthmcnally PetForums Member

is there any sign of her, my sprinkle went missing a week before we moved and we never found her luckly i have a pal that lives in that area and there has been no sigh. It gets u right in the tum i hate the feeling. Then to top it of my huge magic died 3 weeks after being here he got hit by a car we found him in the morning on the patio. My husband can't understand why i got myself in such a tizz. My little girl is due to have her babies any day now so that is something to luck forward to. She will turn up they like to keep you guessing, she'll be having a whale of a time and not realising that she is causing so much strif.

keep us updated

xx

18. danielled

danielled Guest

There is something I haven't told you. I'm a psychic medium. I should have told you a long time ago. I'm sorry for not telling you sooner. Anyway back to Lola. The cat your house mate heard worries me but I have a feeling Lola is ok. I've not been wrong with this sort of thing yet. Good luck and keep me posted.
    Danielle.

19. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

Everything crossed that you fine her and she is just as you say chasing butterflies somewhere xxxx

20. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

I hope you find her soon Cherrie, you must be worried sick. :sad:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice