Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Lola and the yorkie encounter

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by LolaBoo, Jan 3, 2012.

1. LolaBoo

LolaBoo PetForums VIP

Yesterday morning i took lola up to a local field its not massive and has no fencing and sits on a main road

I cant walk far so OH normally takes her but thought id take her instead in morning its just a walk round the field then in afternoon OH takes her for a long run

Anyway yesterday morning we got to field and there 2 off lead yorkshire terriers lola wasnt bothered by them and they came bounding up to her she wasnt intrested just tired to keep on walking

Owner shouted its ok there fine i was a bit miffed coz they wouldnt leave lola alone kept jumping around her and in her face i thought ahh they just want to play which was fine

Then they started snarling and barking at her, owner at this point was by me but didnt say anything anyway she said oh she is only a baby isnt she and i said yes and went to walk off

Then as i walked away lola still being as good as gold i turned and said sorry to her

I got home and i thought to myself why the heck did i say sorry to her when it was her dogs barking and snarling at lola

Think i panicked as i dont walk her often and dont spk to ppl (part of my illness) anyway now im like it took me a month to get back out and walk her now i feel like ive failed even tho it wasnt mine or lolas fault :(

2. Helbo

Helbo PetForums VIP

Wheres the failure?

You walked your dog, let her greet 2 rowdy yorkies, she wasn't interested and you kept on walking...

3. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Sorry to hear you didn't have a great experience. I am also a compulsive apologiser, the other week I apologised to a man whose GSD ran up to us, nicked Kilo's tennis ball and ran off down the road :confused:. A few times a week (including this morning) I say sorry to a man whose Bichon goes insane barking, snarling and lunging about trying to get to us as we walk past them - he always gives me filthy looks and I say sorry. No idea why; it's a very English trait!!

4. LolaBoo

LolaBoo PetForums VIP

I dont mind her meeting any dog just as i say they were barking in her face and i dont go out much let alone on my own ,so it threw me more then anything

Im pleased lola wasnt intrested tho

5. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

At least you know that Lola behaved nicely :thumbup1:.

6. LolaBoo

LolaBoo PetForums VIP

Yeah which is good just shows that all the hard work myself and the OH puts in is paying off :)

7. moonviolet

moonviolet PetForums VIP

Well done Lola for keeping her cool.

I'd pop that woman and her yorkies on my avoid or quick meet and greet and move along swiftly list.

Try not to let this experience put you off going out with Lola again. I used to apologise for everything regardless of whether ti was my fault but i have to say over the past year i've toughened up rather a lot.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice