Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Loki - sick for the first time!

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Chez87, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Chez87

Chez87 PetForums VIP

My little boy hasn't been very well, and after me tempting fate and saying he has an iron stomach, he was ill yesterday! He ate his brekkie -bozita (I think, OH fed him while I was at work, and he didn't actually watch him eat, but the food went so I think it was him and not Annie!) and I fed him in the evening and then went out with friends. Came home at 1am and his Grau was untouched. I threw it out and tried him with something different. He sniffed it and walked off.

He then went into the living room, got into his litter tray, and was sick three times! (how considerate is he?!) It was food he brought up, the bozita I assume. He wasn't himself either, didn't even go and chase Annie when she came into the room! He was just a bit under the weather.

Took some chicken out of the freezer last night, and boiled some up for him this morning, which he ate all of, with relish. He was much brighter too. :) Just boiled him up some more which again he ate, so hoping it was nothing serious. Just worries me as he's never been ill once since I've had him!

2. Donskie

Donskie PetForums Member

Glad to hear he seems ok again now. It is worrying when they are ill for the first time. Hope he feels even better tomorrow. :D

3. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

Ah boo Chez87! Hope your little man is getting better speedly and back to his normal form in no time.

Must be a few bugs about - so much sickness at the moment

4. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Poor Loki.Its horrible when they are not well.It makes you feel so helpless,Meeko is an expert in the puke department :rolleyes:and never in the litter tray.The more messy and inconvenient the better but,touch wood has never been ill with it .Looks like this was just an "off"day so fingers crossed "lead belly Loki" is over this little blip in his otherwise unblemished career ;)

5. Chez87

Chez87 PetForums VIP

No idea what caused it....the day before yesterday I defrosted my last pack of NI mince (I didn't know it was in there!!) but the seal was a tiny bit open at one corner....it didn't smell bad, but maybe not quite normal....I gave him a forkful (which he ate) to see what he thought but didn't wanna risk it so threw the rest out. Wonder if that upset his tum a little. Who knows!

But anyway, here's hoping he's all better now!

6. Ianthi

Ianthi PetForums VIP

Hi Chez,

Sorry to hear about your little one but glad to hear he's on the mend!

They're bound to have the odd 'off' day just like us I guess. It might well have been the Bozita in the morning. Another reason to suggest this ( can happen regardless ) is my last batch ( tins ) was definitely different-much more runny and the cats weren't very pleased either! Mild constipation will also make them ill.

My oldest is very 'considerate' like that as well...using the litter tray!

7. Chez87

Chez87 PetForums VIP

It was a bozita tin Ianthi, a prawn one I think. Hmmm you may be right! Thanks for the wishes everyone!

8. Ianthi

Ianthi PetForums VIP

Mine was the chicken which they usually love! Contents resembled an opened tin that had been left out of the fridge on a warm day! Thankfully latest order is back to normal, or appears so, so far. ( Of course like you and Loki now that I've written it down things might change! ) :)

9. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

How is the man doing today?

10. Chez87

Chez87 PetForums VIP

Sorry Hobbs wasn't about yesterday, thanks very much for asking, he is back to normal! OH keeps telling me Loki's gonna make himself sick again so he gets more chicken. :p I am such a worrier....:rolleyes:

11. tyrole

tyrole PetForums Senior

Glad he's better :)

12. chellemich

chellemich PetForums Member

What a coincidence. One of my kittens was sick last night. I'm not even certain which one it was but I have a good idea. I heard him making an odd noise at around midnight and went in the next room to find two piles of sick. Then again at 6am. He seems fine in himself and was wanting to be fed this morning. I didn't give either of them much though. Just a bit of dry food. I'm dreading going home after work to find more puke. :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice