Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Logan poorly AGAIN!!!! :-O

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Matrix/Logan, May 26, 2010.

1. Matrix/Logan

Matrix/Logan PetForums VIP

Well as you know Logan was poorly saturday and i had to have him up the vets, he was vomiting loads, they gave him an anti sickness injection and antibiotics as he had a slight temperature. He was a lot better sunday and ate, he was back to normal on monday and very playfull, he ate normally and passed solid poos twice a day up to today.................... He was fine this morning, very playfull but had had diarrhoea at 5 am, we fed him a small meal with pro biotic in it. He was fine at lunch time had had no more diarrhoea and was very playfull, we played football in the garden with all 3 of them. I went back to work at 12.15. Well i came home at 3.15 and there was vomit and diarhoea everywhere..... there wasn't a bit of his 15 ft X 5 ft run that didn't have vomit or diarrhoea in it!!! :eek: :( I rang the vets and they have told me to starve him again for 24 hours and then give hiim tiny bits of fish and rice tomorow night, he has been sick once more tonight, just liquid and bile. He seems bright and wants to play but i have made him stay in the conseravtory away from the others. He is hungry cos he was miffed when we fed Matrix and stood in protest near his bowl! :rolleyes:
    I just feel like crying, i thought he was getting better and now i feel sick and have a headache, i am so worried there is something seriously wrong with him!! My last gsd kept being sick the weekend i lost him, he had a ruptured splenic tumour! He was very poorly though. Would Logan be this bright if he had something really bad?? What should i do??

Sorry to go on but i am so worried about him, he has always had a sensitive stomach, he had campylobactor as a puppy and has been difficult ever since to feed, we can't even give him bread crusts as they make him ill! He is so lovely i couldn't bear to lose him!! Do you think he will be ok? Should i insist the vets do some tests or something?? Just feel i am doing somthing wrong with hiim that he keeps getting sick??

2. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

Im really sorry I dont have any advice, but i wanted you to know that Im thinking of you.
    xxxxxxxxxxx

3. Matrix/Logan

Thank you. X

4. hazyreality

hazyreality PetForums VIP

Awww, sorry to hear about Logan again :(
    I cant really advise you about it unfortunately. Just wanted to say I hope he gets well soon!
    Sabre's stomach is very sensitive, alot of GSD's are I think. Can you eliminate whatever he eats and just introduce everything gradually. I had to do that with Sabre. Turns out the biscuits are ok, but if he has a whole tray of Natures Diet a day, then his stomach plays up, so he is only having that in the morning now, and he can only have the prawn one or chicken one.

*Heidi*

5. Matrix/Logan

Thanks hun!
    That's the thing though, he never gets anything other that his royal canin and the odd bonio! He never gets any human food or anything as everything upsets him, OH now says he could possibly have finished Matrix's tea off last night (he has natures diet mixed with his royal canin) but not sure if that would have caused the amount of v* and D* that was in his run, and also i would have thought that would have caused a reaction earlier than this afternoon??? So not sure???
    The others are ok so i am sure it is just his sensitive stomach?? I am terrified it may be something that Blade could catch too and he is so little he can't afford to be ill!

I am just so scared and worried!! :(

Sorry to keep waffling on! :(

6. hazyreality

I think if his stomach is that sensitive, then just that ammount of Matrix's food could have set it off :(
    Does he eat alot of grass? Sabre does and it seems to be around about when he has a bad tummy. Dunno if its to help or if its making it worse.

*Heidi*

7. Bearpaw

Bearpaw PetForums VIP

Sorry to hear he is poorly again,bless him.Are you sure he doesnt have access to something he shouldnt eat? It may just be that he hadnt really got over what he had at the weekend,and hopefully another day or two of rice and fish will set him right.Try not to think the worst x

8. rona

rona Guest

Hope he's ok :(
    Could there be anything in the garden?
    May be a neighbour has been using something that has come under the fence :confused:

9. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

Really sorry to hear this and sorry cant offer any advice other than to say listen to you instincts and do what you feel is best.

10. Matrix/Logan

Thanks everyone. :)

No there isn't anything in the garden, he spends his days in a run that is solid concrete floored, he goes into the garden with me at lunchtime but it is just grass and slabs. He doesn't eat grass unless we are at the woods and he is thirsty! :rolleyes:

The neighbours are only attached one side of our garden as we are on the corner and it is 6 foot fenced with sheds along their side so i am sure nothing can get into the garden?

Just can't explain it. This morning he seems bright again, miffed he isn't getting any breakfast!! He has done a solid poo about an hour ago but 20minutes ago had a little bit of mucousy diarrhoea!? :scared:

I have got him some fish out ready for this afternoon if he hasn't been sick or anything when i get home from work! Nearly had the day off with him but he is very bright and drinking so will leave him to sleep and see what lunchtime brings! Hopefully good news. X

11. Bearpaw

Bearpaw PetForums VIP

Hope he is doing ok this afternoon x

12. hazyreality

How is he this evening? Did he have dinner?

*Heidi*

13. Matrix/Logan

Sorry i wasn't on yesterday had a course to attend after work.

Well not great news, he was still vomiting yesterday lunchtime and had diarrhoea in the morning so we had to take him back to the vets, they gave him another anti-vomiting injection and sent us home to get some food down him as they want feacal samples, he kept the fish down last night but hasn't been to the loo yet.

He is going in the vets at 9 am today and they are going to do a load of tests on him, they are doing Bloods, Bile acid tests and possibly x-rays to rule out a foreign body. He has had to be starved this morning so he is fasted for the first bloods then they give him a meal then re test.

He is not going to be happy having to be in there all day! It is going to be the longest day of my life i think! :eek: :(
    Then we have to wait for all the results as lots of these samples have to be sent away. :eek6:

I am so terrified as the last time i took my last gsd in for an exploritory op as he kept being sick they found a splenic tumour that had ruptured and he had to be put to sleep under the anaesthetic!

Logan seems to bright to have anything too serious i think but i am still absolutely terrified!!! :eek: :scared: :scared:

I will be on later tonight to let you all know what i know so far. Thank you all for your support it means a lot that you all understand just how difficult this time is for me. X X X

14. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

Oh no, that muct eb so stressful for you. I hope a least when the results come back that they are good:)

15. Fuzzbugs!x

Fuzzbugs!x PetForums VIP

We had the exact same problems with our Harley until he was bout 11 months old, he had every test going and was constantly at the vet getting all sorts that never really worked. In the end we were recommended Chappie and that finally stopped it practically from his first meal. Ovbiously rule out everything else first but if all else fails you could try some chappie. It's funny, Harley was on royal canin at the beginning too. Hope this helps and Logan is okay x

16. hazyreality

Hope its gone OK at the vets today *Fingers Crossed* for Logan.

*Heidi*

17. JimJamz

JimJamz PetForums Member

:eek: Just read the post/s. You poor guys. What a worry. I'm sure he'll be fine. Hope today has gone well. Wishing him a speedy recovery :).

Keep your chin up & stay positive I've been having a rough time with my GR of late and it does get better :D

18. Matrix/Logan

Thank you everyone. X X

Well the big hairy beast is home and cuddling with OH on the sofa as i type!

He has had every blood test known, all in house were clear today and got to wait for the other results hopefully back on tuesday. We are still waiting for him to poo so we can get a sample to test for giardia and campylobactor! (don't think it is this as the others are both fine!)
    He is on fish and royal canin and hasn't been sick since yesterday lunch time so hopefully over the worse now. He had what the vet thought was tiny crystals in his urine and they are going to re-test a sample on tuesday morning. His liver enzymes in his urine were raised but not in his blood which is confusing the vets too, they said the tuesday results will help to answer that??

Just another waiting game now again. I feel a little more relaxed tonight though. I was up so much in the night checking on him and then woke up poor Blade who i think would have slept through the night again!! Oh well never mind i am sure he didn't really mind extra wee breaks! LOL

19. Teddys mum

Teddys mum PetForums Newbie

Oh poor you I know what your going through I have trouble with Teddy he is prone to pancriatic inflamation and had bloody mucus last year and was sick with blood in it! he had to be kept in on a drip to be hydrated! and all that because he ate a piece of madira cake :confused: I now only feed him small amount of chicken with James Wellbeloved and Royal Canine low fat bites! the least little thing and he is off with sickness and slimy poo,s.

I do hope this is just a case of a tummy bug and he gets quickly over it. You cant do anymore than you are doing, but I can understand you being distraught when you have had problems before with your other dog! it does make you worry.

20. Matrix/Logan

Thank you, yes it is stressfull but he seems a lot better today and very bright and playful. I have had to seperate them all to make them rest as they are all a bit hyper! LOL :eek: :D
    (It was Logan that was poorly before)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice