Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Local Knowledge

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Jenny1966, Aug 24, 2013.

1. Jenny1966

Jenny1966 PetForums VIP

I know there are a few people quite local to me (Chertsey) on here ......

Do any of you know a local rescue that would benefit from a load of un-wanted food? Has to be very near as I am useless at driving :lol: Or failing that, is there someone who is connected to a rescue that would want to collect?

I really do need to clear my cupboards out!! :D

Toby Tyler likes this.
  2. Paddypaws

Paddypaws PetForums VIP

I wish I were closer as I would happily collect it for the Scratching Post rescue.:(
    I am sure there will be a similar organisation closer to you though who will be very glad of the donation.

3. MCWillow

MCWillow PetForums VIP

4. CharlieChaplin

CharlieChaplin PetForums VIP

Hi Jenny!

If you contact Woking cats protection they can come and collect it generally. If you post in their Facebook they can organise someone to collect it or contact you.p and arrange something on your terms.

I have done some volunteer work for them and will be volunteering for them at their Xmas fayre in October. So if you get really stuck I can pick it up from you and give it to Pauline who is their homing officer (I think) when I next see her or just drop it at hers.

I live in byfleet so not too far from you.

5. CharlieChaplin

They are happy with anything. I gave them an opened bag of pro plus dry I had when I first got my cats (before I learnt abut dry) they were happy as they feed a lot of feral cats around their area too.

#5 CharlieChaplin, Aug 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2013
  6. Jenny1966

Jenny1966 PetForums VIP

TT behave yourself :lol:

I'm not on Facebook, so can't contact them there, but will send an e mail :) I have so much (thank you Molly fussy pants) it seems a shame to let it all go to waste, which it will do as there is no way I will use it all by the sell by dates :lol:

7. smiler84

smiler84 PetForums VIP

Have I peaked too early with the wine or are posts disappearing?! :confused:

8. CharlieChaplin

I think posts have gone :confused:

Give them an email, I'm sure someone will swing by and pick it up! Someone donated wool to them once and they went to pick it up, they came and got my food too and visited my boys (plus brought them some presents :) ) last time I just dropped it to their stall at their last fayre in my village.

- probably a good job you don't have their fb. They keep posting pictures of their available cats....... Too tempting for me!

9. MCWillow

MCWillow PetForums VIP

Whens the next fayre CC? Is it Ottershaw?

I have some tins and pouches I could donate - and probably some beds :rolleyes:

10. CharlieChaplin

Sunday 1st September RSPCA gala day, millbrook, cobham 10-5 I think is their next one.

I am running the book stall at their xmas fayre on Saturday 26th October at brook hall ottershaw 10-1.

There is a full list of their events on Cats Protection - Caring for the UK′s Cats: homing, neutering, raising awareness

I've only volunteered at 1 past stall, the Xmas fayre will be my next one. I do some kitten cuddling with the homeing/welfare officer Pauline at her house. But haven't been able to do much cos of work :(

11. Jenny1966

Jenny1966 PetForums VIP

I probably have at least 50 cans/pouches to donate :eek:

12. loubyfrog

loubyfrog PetForums VIP

Mollys such a kind & thoughtful girl helping out her local rescue kitties...:D

13. Jenny1966

Jenny1966 PetForums VIP

Would serve her right if I bought another kitty home!! :incazzato:

:lol:

14. CharlieChaplin

Do it! :D

I am sure any rescue would love your donation! Very kind of you!

15. maisiecat

maisiecat PetForums VIP

When we lived in Chertsey I took our unwanted items to Chaldon Sanctuary, the animals there have a home for life, and are mostly ones that cannot be re-homed for various reasons.

I still visit and drop in food, blankets, towels, etc.

About Us

16. CharlieChaplin

O I never knew this place existed! Thanks for the link.

Oo Jenny this sounds lovely - perhaps do both?

17. wind1

wind1 PetForums VIP

Whisper came from Woking CP and it was Pauline who delivered her to me. I live an hour away from them but she still drove all the way down to me. They do a great job there, they were fantastic at rescuing Whisper with her Mum and siblings and so helpful to me when I was adopting her. I sent an e-mail with a photo of Whisper when she had settled in and she made it into the monthly newsletter, I was very proud!

18. CharlieChaplin

Pauline is absolutely lovely! Both her and Sally came to drop my boys off with their favourite dangly toy. Then when they came to drop of meds (as Charlie was poorly when I got him) they both visited with another toy! Then when they came round to get the food they brought the famous cat nip knotties! They are so lovely and did such a great job with my it's - and still do an amazing job with their cats.

Their newsletter is great my story to published in the last one too :D

19. Toby Tyler

Toby Tyler Banned

Oh they love towels! They never have enough and are so grateful for these donations.

My vets office takes donations and makes sure they all get to our local shelter Charlie's Place, a no kill shelter that does a phenomenal job :D

20. wind1

wind1 PetForums VIP

Off to find my latest newsletter to read your story!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice