UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,811 Posts
OMG - how can people do these kind of things? What also worries me is what state are their mums in and there's no reprieve for them at all, not even perhaps a nice home one day. Poor poor dogs how can people live with themselves? :(

·
Registered
20,328 Posts
Poor little puppies. They all look surprisingly alert and bright looking. I wonder how they were discovered.

I was just pondering and thinking of all the cruelty we hear about nowadays. I wonder if it is worse, better or what. On the whole the perception of animal care has changed drastically so is just that the media are quick to get hold of stories and with the internet we get to hear so much more. If puppies are found drowned in a river it is news whereas drowning puppies and kittens used to be horribly normal.
I can remember as a child bringing a stray kitten home. My father said he would take it away and find a home for it. Even at that age I was fairly sure he drowned it or knocked it on the head - or maybe just released it somewhere to die of starvation. No way was he thinking he was being cruel, it was just not an issue in those days.
Children used to do awful things to animals, just the same things that happen now, stoning, burning etc and though obviously that was not approved of it seemed to be looked on differently.

So I suppose breeding loads of pups and putting them in a box ready to sell is perfectly normal to some people.

We think that animal welfare has improved but actually has it really. I do wonder.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I mean in the big scheme of things, does the Government even care that thousands of puppies are spewn out every month or so, and the poor Mums /Dads are kept in appalling conditions, and all the powers that be think about how to make money, save money or making the poor suffer. You would have thought after all this time progress would have been made to stop this animal cruelty.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.