UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, sorry if i'm posting this in the wrong section :confused:

Tried searching but i get so many posts come up andso i have a question please :).

How long would you leave two 4mth old puppies alone for during the day ?.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was what i was thinking too.
Thing is i have just been to see a couple who have said puppies and they have asked if i can pop in to visit once a day. I personally am going to ring them tomorrow and say that they need at least two visits due to the length of time they said they were out :(.

·
Registered
5,512 Posts
That was what i was thinking too.
Thing is i have just been to see a couple who have said puppies and they have asked if i can pop in to visit once a day. I personally am going to ring them tomorrow and say that they need at least two visits due to the length of time they said they were out :(.
Are they out for the whole day?

I don't understand how you can toilet train a puppy, if you are out all day?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
4 hours as the maximum to be left, I would only leave for longer with at least an hour and a half in between to walk, do a little bit of training, etc not just 'popping in'.

When Pixie was under 6 months, she did not get left for more than 3 hours (we have now built it up to 6 as a maximum) and if we were going out again, we had to be home for at least 2 hours with her before we went out again.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies.
Its been bugging me since i got back so i think i'm going to have to speak to them tomorrow for sure. They also have only had them since yesterday :eek:. From what she said, she leaves at 7.30 and someone is back around 5.30 -6pm. I'm not sure what hours her husband works but also fulltime.
They need routine and as they are on 4 meals a day then i don't see how they are going to work this out.
I just hope that when i suggest this and even giving them a hefty discount its still not going to be cheap, that they agree to it or i can see them going elsewhere (which is up to them). I would love to take the job on but the dogs needs must come first and they need to realise this :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.