Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

lizards

Discussion in 'Lizards' started by knickersoff, Nov 10, 2007.

1. knickersoff

knickersoff Banned

hi im just wondering if theres anybody out there that has got a chinese water drago n as i am thinking of buying one and im wondering what there like for being handeld and what there like with children thanks

2. Stacey86

Stacey86 PetForums Member

Hi Knickersoff,

Thanks for registering with us hope you enjoy using our forum, I dont personally know anything about Lizards but hopefully some of our members will be able to give you some good advice :)

Dont forget to 'Introduce yourself' on our General section all of our other members are very friendly so dont be shy!

Thanks once again

Stacey :)

3. WOW - would love to see picture of that one!

4. dh.dti

dh.dti Guest

Just for you, taken from Google images

5. oopppsss....didnt came through.................

6. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

hee hee hee:):)

7. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

the invisable lizard lol.

8. georges mummy

georges mummy PetForums Member

chinese water dragons need a pretty large enclosure with plenty of branches and a swimming area, they should have a deep dish to be able to have about a third of their body under water. high humidity in the tank and tempretures at about 86 degrees fahrenheit. they eat anything like locust, crickets and pinky mice. they have to have uva and uvb lighting to absorb calcium. they are pretty much a brilliant lizard to have as a pet, they rarely bite and with most reptiles just need someone who is willing to spend time to tame them. i hope this helps you a litle bit. :)

9. knickersoff

knickersoff Banned

hi thanks guys i am not getting a cwd now i am going to get 2 baby beardies on sunday but thanks all coz i have been told that cwd are very scattey ad arnt an ideal first time lizard . xx

10. georges mummy

beardies are brilliant for first timers.

11. georges mummy

here are my 2 beardies. peggy and draco.

Attached Files:

12. knickersoff

knickersoff Banned

im getting 2 4weeks old tire baby morphs 2 moro and the kids dont no yet so they will be so excited when i come home with them cant wait but i didnt relise how much money they cost u to get a set up lol is there nothing that u can buy for cheap these days?

13. georges mummy

nothing cheap when it comes to reptiles. viv,lighting, heating, decor, water and food dishes, food, the list goes on. i started with a 4x2x2 foot fish tank. not ideal but it worked till i got to buy the viv a few months later.
    if you need any tips or advice i should be around most days.

14. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

yep i agree, beardies are a lovely lizard to have, i had 2, they are very clever and sociable pets, make excellent kids lizards.

15. knickersoff

knickersoff Banned

well i got my 2 baby tiger morphs 2day and wow there so wicked and a bit scatty 2 lol kids love em i juat hate those dam crickets so i have left that part 2 the hubby lol :D

16. knickersoff

knickersoff Banned

i dont no how to put the pics on here any ideas?

17. knickersoff

knickersoff Banned

heres my new babies

Attached Files:

18. Animal_Lover

Animal_Lover PetForums Newbie

I was going to get a water dragon as I already have a bearded dragon, but the trouble with water dragons are they grow long and needs a very tall viv which can be exspensive, when you buy the viv and all the stuff required you find out that you end up spending more than the lizard is actually worth.

19. mjs_geckos

mjs_geckos PetForums Junior

Aw they're cute....

Hey...you can always use photobucket when putting your pics on a thread???

Like this...

[​IMG]

Anele Jessica likes this.
  20. chelle

chelle PetForums Newbie

u may aswell buy a decent setup 1st time around- get a decent size so u dont have to replace it as they get bigger if u worry about money- theres no point buying twice (vivs can be expensive) and u can always section some off while they are smaller.
    we have leopard geckos, tokays, water dragons, snakes, cresties... if u get a water dragon u will need a water tight viv and a lot of space- they need a lot of room and plenty of climbing height. our viv is 4x3x2 and will need to be bigger when they reach adult size. then again, we had beardies and u need a pretty big viv for those too when they get to adults- its cruel otherwise.

if u join rfuk (rep forum) theres loads of custom viv builders if that helps.:p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice