Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Live worms - how do you kill them once passed?

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by little_miss_kitty, Jul 1, 2010.

1. little_miss_kitty

little_miss_kitty PetForums Senior

Update from here Bodie has been prefect on his rice and chicken the past 7 days so we gradually introduced his normal food with it over the course of 3 days..and then the diarrhoea started again so I popped him off to the vets yesterday.

He has antibiotics, poo samples for me to take, hills prescription food for 2 days and rehydration sachets. I am due to take him back tomorrow for a progress report and to drop of his samples.

Coincidently yesterday was also the day his worming was due so i wormed him with advocat as I have been doing every 28 days......and then today he has had passed worms in his poo and some of them are still live :eek:

I’m shocked as he’s never passed worms before and I’ve religiously used advocate every 28 days

I called the vets as we're off there tomorrow anyway but apart from chucking his poo in poo bags into the bin is there anything else I should do i.e disinfect the grass where he's poo'd, anyway I can kill the live worms once he's passed them?

(they are roundworms)

Thanks

#1 little_miss_kitty, Jul 1, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice