Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

little red antssss :(

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by foxxy cleopatra, Jun 25, 2009.

1. foxxy cleopatra

foxxy cleopatra PetForums VIP

great! i had mold, now ive moved, i opened my window and there are hundreds of these little red ants...i wish i knew what they were :(

anyway, what shall i do to get rid of them? i cant stand ants and i live in the attic, so it gets really hot! are there natural solutions to get rid of ants? all i can think of his hot water, but thats kind of meannnn :(

HELP!

2. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

Ant powder......or them sticky Ant traps but that wont kill them all, the ant powder is best as they carry it into their home and take it to the queen and its the queen that needs killing.

3. shortbackandsides

shortbackandsides PetForums VIP

do you mean those tiny red mites???

4. Badger's Mum

Badger's Mum PetForums VIP

Vinigar's good:D

5. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Red ants are nasty buggers and bite x We used to have a massive colony of them in my mother's back garden, of course I would poke them with a stick and run off screaming with glee :w00t:

I'm not sure to get rid of them though xx

6. foxxy cleopatra

yeah they might be mites....because they are red...but not red ants as in the big nasty things...ill look up mites on wiki :p

7. CheekoAndCo

CheekoAndCo PetForums VIP

We used to get so many ants every summer it was awful. If you left a can of fizzy juice on the work top and came back 5 mins later it was be covered in ants crawling all over it. They suddenly stop a few years ago and we've never had them again. We're not sure why they suddenly went though. When I was in hospital 2 years ago I had my own room and there was loads of ants :mad: Mum complained and they got someone in to spray everything but it didn't work and there was loads of them. Everyone else with their own rooms had the same problem apparently.

8. foxxy cleopatra

yeah red mites! urghhh nasty!

9. foxxy cleopatra

omfffg They Bite Omggg Omg Omg Omg

10. Badger's Mum

Bite them back:D

11. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

ah i know what you mean now, them little red things that used to be on the window sills as a kid and on the garden wall, i used to sit and squish them with my finger and it used to look like i had cut myself coz they are red inside too :p lol

12. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

LOL I used to love doing that :D you don't see them as much any more though! Perhaps they've all moved to Foxxy's house :p

I'm sure you'd be able to get some spray or powder to get rid of them.... you could try getting onto your landlord, he/she might fix the problem for you? Just tell them you're allergic to insect bites :D

foxxy cleopatra likes this.
  13. foxxy cleopatra

eeeeeeewwwwwww i feeeel illlll....they are all over my desk :( i keep feeling things crawling on me, even though they're not! urghhh going to work now....omg.....when i get back....i might actaully clean my room! im scared! so do you know how i can get rid of them...except not vickys way LOL

14. Badger's Mum

fly an bug killer

15. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

I don't think there's really any way of getting rid of them without killing them i'm afraid :( not if it's like an infestation and there's so many of them :(

16. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

lol my way is the prooven method.....at least they die lol

17. Nicci

Nicci Guest

My mother swears by sprinkling Talcum powder everywhere to deter Ants, she had a very bad infestation in her kitchen, you could see the little beggars jumping off the work surfaces to avoid the powder :D

If they are mites, I have no idea what to advise, maybe call your Landlord?

18. shortbackandsides

shortbackandsides PetForums VIP

i used to spend ages as a kid sitting on our garden wall squishing these,great fun:D you can get insecticide stuff from hardware type stores,go in and ask:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice