Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Little lump

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by ClaireLily, Jul 31, 2009.

1. ClaireLily

ClaireLily PetForums Senior

Hiya, our latest addition Jessica will be 9 weeks tomorrow, we got her last Saturday and she had already been neutered. We think it was done too soon, in fact I don't even know what vet was used as our vet won't even look at them until about 5 months. Anyway, her wound looks very clean and the stitches are fine but she has a lump under the skin near to the wound. Its probably the size of a marrowfat pea but its not hard and not perfectly round.

My first thought is that if it isn't underlying scar tissue then it's a hernia :eek:

Anyone ever seen anything like this?

Just to add she is perfectly fine, it doesn't seem to hurt and she's never at it, she's off to the vet on Thursday to get her stiches out and get her first vaccination so obviously I will get it checked then. Also though I have noticed she sneezes a fair bit, I owuld be more concerned if there were any other symptoms but her eyes are bright and clear, her nose is clear and thank god my other two girls are fully vaccinated.

Bless the rescue centre for all their good work but she was smelly when we got her, I don't think the lady was quite up to taking care of all the kittens they had and I worry she maybe hasn't had the best start :(

2. jill3

jill3 PetForums VIP

Hi there.
    I had the same with one of mine many years ago. ( 11 years ago ) when i had her spayed
    I panicked and took her back to the vets.
    I cannot remember what it was called but it was nothing to worry about and it just went.
    As you are taking her back next Thursday you could mention it to the vet.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice