Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Little lemming video :)

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by Crittery, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Crittery

Crittery PetForums Member

Feeling a little nostalgic, I miss my lemmings - thought some of you might like to see this video :)

We lost Podge a few months back, the last girl at 28 months. I think Gregor is still going though last I heard!

[youtube_browser]sPJyTaPXvyk[/youtube_browser]

2. LittlePaws AnimalRescue

LittlePaws AnimalRescue PetForums Senior

Wonderful litle animals aren't they :)

I had a couple handed in to me a few years back and they were great. I never ended up rehoming them because no-one was interested which was a shame.

3. polishrose

polishrose PetForums VIP

Oh they are just adorable :)

4. kate_7590

kate_7590 PetForums VIP

Aww wow they are lovely.
    I dont think iv ever seen any before.
    Are they like gerbils?

5. elmthesofties

elmthesofties PetForums Senior

What lovely little things! I don't envy you for trying to tell them apart, though...

6. Crittery

Crittery PetForums Member

Kate - somewhat, at least in the sense they like burrowing a lot. I'd say they were less intelligent tbh, but that would make them easier to handle.

And no, I couldn't really tell them apart other than by size which obviously can change! I'm fairly certainly the last girl we had left was Podge though. We called her the immortal lemming because according to a lot of info she was far older than they are meant to live - was aware it would be ironic eventually :(

LittlePaws rescue - that is a shame - they make such lovely little characters, good pets too.

Were your pair quite vocal? I was actually quite surprised with how loud this lot were! Not shown on this video at all, I always have to strip sound out because otherwise there is usually a lot of my toddler...!

7. WelshYorkieLover

WelshYorkieLover PetForums VIP

No you're mistaken. They aren't lemmings! Lemmings are purple and come with pick axes!! Cute as hell though!! He he

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice