Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

little info

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by blade100, May 20, 2010.

1. blade100

blade100 PetForums VIP

2. niki87

niki87 PetForums VIP

Hi hun. I think generally dogs and babies are fine...if you take the necessary precautions. Obv NEVER leave a dog and baby/child alone...no matter how tame the dog! Jealousy or anything could cause an unpredictive response. Also a baby sleeps a LOT...so your dog shouldn't suffer on attention...particularly if you both are living there. But you will have to act like you have 2 kids and be aware that your dog could get jealous! Also dogs need a lot of walking etc...and babies can be up a lot in the night...mine was up every 2 hours every night till he was about 8 months! So walking a dog may not be as attractive! But finally my little boy is not allergic to dog fur...but to a dog lick!! Just something to watch!

Loads of people have dogs and babies! My 2 aunties had 2/3/4 at a time and NEVER a problem. Hope it goes well!! xx

3. blade100

blade100 PetForums VIP

:crying:hey niki,thanks for your advice,though i don't think its going to happen as my fella isn't that keen.oh well

4. niki87

niki87 PetForums VIP

awww not fair lol. I don't know how long you had your dog...but think babies are easier than puppies xx

5. blade100

blade100 PetForums VIP

oh we've had blade from 6 weeks old he's now 5 yrs old.
    and blade was a very well behaved pup,never chewd and was toilet trained from the age of 9 weeks think i was lucky!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice