Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Little help needed re fish keeping

Discussion in 'Fish Keeping Chat' started by EF127, Jun 10, 2018.

1. EF127

EF127 PetForums Newbie

Hi all
    Completely new to the forum so please bare with me!
    Hoping to start keeping some pet fish, I’ve been given some equipment but to be honest I do not know what I have an what I don’t! I also don’t know how many litres my tank holds. I’ve (hopefully) attached some photos.. can anyone shed light on what I have and what I’m missing? & what kind of fish a tank like this would be suitable for? Any help is much appreciated thank you!

Attached Files:

2. magpie

magpie PetForums VIP

Hi!

What you have is a biorb, but I've no idea how you would work out the volume of it! It may be easier to fill it up with a jug and count how many litres you fill it with. It doesn't look massive in the pictures, it may be the 30 litre one? Unfortunately biorbs work a bit differently to 'normal' aquariums as the filter system is inbuilt, so hopefully someone who has one can advise on that.

Once you know the size we can advise on fish, but just be aware that bowl shaped tanks aren't the best and usually have to be understocked due to the small surface area and lack of length for swimming room. And before adding any fish I would recommend doing a fishless cycle, good info here: https://www.fishkeeping.co.uk/articles_51/fishless-cycling-article.htm

EF127 and NaomiM like this.
  3. EF127

EF127 PetForums Newbie

Fabulous thank you!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice