Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Little Ebony, Small Staffie Female, Dog & Child Friendly

Discussion in 'Dog Rescue and Adoption' started by lastangel, Jul 17, 2009.

1. lastangel

lastangel PetForums Junior

Ebony is a mostly black (with some white) small staffie female, ex poundie from a welsh pound. She's approx 2 years old. Ebony is in foster care in Ilminster, Somerset. She is doing very well at her foster home, and has settled in very well in a short space of time. She has a very sweet nature and she is looking for a loving, permanent home.

Ebony has had a few health issues, namely demodex, and an infection which occured after her spey. She is, however, being treated for these, and all is healing nicely. She is fully vaccinated.

Please read the foster carer's report about this sweet girl. (following Ebony's photographs)

If you have any questions about Ebony, please contact Cathy - email: [email protected]

FULL RESCUE BACK UP IS PROVIDED

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Foster Carer's report:

Little ‘Ebony’

We have had the pleasure of looking after Ebony and are only on our 3rd day! However, in that time she has proved herself to be an absolute little star.

Although care needs to be taken to encourage her to be a little less rude on meeting other dogs, she is improving all the time and is now very respectful of our own two dogs (Jack Russel and Weimaraner cross). She is unfortunately proven not to be good with cats or small animals, so she is looking for a home without small furries! She is a very bright little dog and very keen to please.

She is good with the vet and listens to her name and responds accordingly on walks and when out and about. Has got to grips with commands like sit, stay, down, wait and leave. She loves the car and because of her general enthusiasm, I have been getting her to sit and wait before getting in where she settles very well, and the same with food before eating. She also has been asked to wait before going through doorways so she follows the lead holder. She loves a game of chase but again needs to be reminded occasionally not to get too OTT! Doesn’t know what to do with balls but in time, I’m sure that will come because she has a real lust for life and just wants to enjoy being with you.

We have two young children (2 and 6), and she hasn’t put a foot wrong with them. She loves them and is happy to be stroked. She has let my two year old come part way into her crate before I stepped in and is happy for them to remove a toy from her without getting possessive.

She is great at night and settles in the day happily whether you are there or not. Her appetite was very picky when she first arrived but is improving. She has a kong toy that you can put peanut butter in which is also very popular if she needs to be left for any time. She does have doggie company when we go out but has managed for two and a half/three hours very happily so far.

We would be very happy to keep her ourselves but feel that we couldn’t help any others if we did. She is a joy and will make someone a loyal, affectionate and trusting pet.

#1 lastangel, Jul 17, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2009
  2. lastangel

lastangel PetForums Junior

I've just edited this post, as I've just heard from her foster carer that she isn't good with cats or small furries, unfortunately! However, she is a lovely lovely girl and is great with kids and other dogs.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice