Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Litter trays that reduce mess

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Idontlikecoffee, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Idontlikecoffee

Idontlikecoffee PetForums Member

Hi,

I have a couple of conventional closed litter trays, which i use with clumping litter, which are great, but i do get a lot of little particles all over the floor surrounding the trays, which sometimes migrates all over the room and beyond.

Has anyone had any experience with any of these trays? and can comment if they help reduce mess? i like the look of the Booda Cleanstep, but don't like fact i'd have to take the whole thing apart a couple of times a day to clean, whereas the other one i can just lift up the flap.

Booda Cleanstep Litter Box on Sale | Free UK Delivery | PetPlanet.co.uk

AntiBacterial Cat Litter BoxTray on Sale | Free UK Delivery | PetPlanet.co.uk

Alternatively i thinking of getting some sort of mat that goes outside the tray to catch the bits.

Soft Touch Track Mat: Bargain Prices at zooplus

Today is a great day for me, yesterday my little boy Milo went to the vets to be castrated and microchipped, i was so worried that he might have problems with the anaesthetic, but everything went fine, he was a little bit dopey last night, but today he's 100% back to normal, such a relief :)

2. Temperance

Temperance PetForums Member

We had a litter mat from pets at home was about £5 and haven't had any tracking at all. Te litter we use is the natural and clean one which we've been very impressed with.

3. spid

spid PetForums VIP

Mats are the answer I think - we have a mat outside every tray.

4. Idontlikecoffee

Idontlikecoffee PetForums Member

Thanks, i will look into getting a couple

5. Mum to Missy

Mum to Missy PetForums VIP

Interesting, I may have to get one :) but there's no way I'm going anywhere near Zooplus for another couple of weeks :eek:

6. shortandfurry

shortandfurry PetForums Senior

Sorry for the zooplus link but this is the one we use ;)

A damp bath mat also grabs stray litter off paws and feet extremely well (when hubs forgets to lift it)

7. havoc

havoc PetForums VIP

I find this mat is brilliant and cuts down tracking to almost zero.

Stow Green Cheltenham Green Door Mat (6818)

It comes in black as well as green but other than Stow Green's own website I couldn't find a link. For any of you far enough north Boyes keep them in both colours at under £3.

8. Citrineblue

Citrineblue PetForums VIP

Yes I got bath mats from Ikea just for this purpose. They were very cheap and bobbly, they seem to catch most of the walked out litter. I think they only came in grey, green and white!!!odd colours I know:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice