Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Litter Tray Options/Vaccinations

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Sashakitty, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Sashakitty

Sashakitty PetForums Newbie

Hi - I am new to the forum so forgive me if this question has been answered already (I tried to run a search but my iPad isn't playing nicely). We have a beautiful 9 week old kitten - Sasha - and she is doing brilliantly with her litter training but is making a mess of the surrounding area when digging/covering. I'm thinking of buying a covered litter tray and would appreciate any advice on the best type to buy. I thought that one that doubles up as a carrier might be good?
    Also she is having her first jabs tomorrow - any advice on what to do or what to expect much appreciated.
    Thank you.

2. DG368

DG368 PetForums Junior

Personally I wouldn't use a litter tray that double as a carrier seeing as most cats tend to associate the carrier with going to the vets so you could run into problems later on

3. smiler84

smiler84 PetForums VIP

yes I'd buy separate litter tray and carrier - if your kitten begins to associate the litter tray with going to the vets she might stop using it!

First jabs - my boy was quite lethargic for the day or so after his and a bit of his food. He soon perked up though.

Welcome to the forum :)

4. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Don't think I would go for that either it could create toileting problems,also at what point do you change from being "a litter tray" to becoming a "carrier" Obviously the "litter tray" would need to be emptied and washed before becoming a "carrier" seems like more hassle than it is worth.

5. Sashakitty

Sashakitty PetForums Newbie

Thanks for the replies. I'll stick to separate litter tray and carrier.

6. TatiLie

TatiLie PetForums VIP

I agree with everybody that a carrier/litter tray is bad idea.
    But if you don't have much storage space and want something practical, I advise the carrier/bed type. I have the wicker carrier and it's great. My cats sleep on it and a great looking carrier. The only problem is cleaning. I have to line it with some Pampers changing mat because of protest toiletting in the carrier when we drive to the vets.

Trixie Wicker Cat Basket: great bargains at zooplus

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice