UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can get decent litter tray liners? The ones from Poundland are crap. I want litter liners because it is just so much easier to change litter.

Anyone any idea?

·
Registered
632 Posts
I can't really help with the litter liners as I used to use them but found them awful too! Which cat litter do you use? Since switching to oko I'd never go back to liners. My cats just used to dig them in and make an awful mess!

·
Registered
242 Posts
I used a liner in Willows first litter tray - I'm not saying they are crap but I have a whole roll (minus 1) of [email protected] liners if anyone wants them :D :lol:
Sorry to hijack the thread, but how's rowan, lost the thread and didn't catch up on him. :blushing:

Liners don't like them, cause more mess than solve!

·
Registered
12,965 Posts
Sorry to hijack the thread, but how's rowan, lost the thread and didn't catch up on him. :blushing:

Liners don't like them, cause more mess than solve!
He was absolutely fine when I took them to the cattery last Thursday - totally back to normal!
As I havent heard from them I am assuming he is still fine - but I wont see him foranother 2.5 weeks :eek: :cryin:

Sorry Charley :blush:

·
Registered
10,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You're okay!! hahaha

I use MyPets silica litter as I have 4 bags of the stuff but its crap. I hate cleaning the thing out because it doesn't absorb all the wee, and wee and poop knocks me sick.

Is OKO value for money?

·
Registered
632 Posts
I think it's great value for money and as someone who has three indoor cats my eco conscience is eased a little too, knowing that it's natural and bio-degradable. You can buy small trial bags if you wanted to try it?

·
Registered
436 Posts
I think so! Apparently there have been some probs lately, but I haven't had any myself. I have two big trays and three cats (one of them is out a lot) and 20 litres can last 6 weeks or more. I put about two thirds of that in at the start, then use the rest to top up as the clumps are scooped out. I have a litter locker too, so it's all really easy :D

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Litter Liners :nono::nono::nono:

Ended up with loads of holes in them :( Easier not to use them and just tip it straight in the dustbin.

I can vouch for Oko got a 40l bag for my 3 and they all do big wee's and poops. and have not had to thoroughly empty trays yet and it has been in for 4 weeks and it doesn't smell:)

It does track a wee bit, but the money and time I save not having to thoroughly change 3 cat litter trays every week, defo outweighs the fact I have to spend 10 mins hoovering the house everyday. :)

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
I tried liners when we first got Bob, he used to scrape and dig them into the litter, they weren't the cheap ones.

Also used to use the silica litter and found it would crunch underfoot unexpectedly when it had been kicked or otherwise travelled from the tray.

One thing about it, the dust can cause breathing problems, I have read about people saying their cat has had cancer after using it.

I changed to OKO Cats Best and Nature Gold, did have a dodgy bag recently and have been sent a replacement (not opened it yet) and am hoping it will revert back to the old quality.

·
Registered
10,685 Posts
Bah humbug! I use litter tray liners and they work fine with me and the Oko litter. Don't know the brand off by heart but they are also biodegradable (still lasting me about 6 weeks until I do a full tray change). I use cellotape to tape the sides down securely, so maybe you are all just using rubbish liners or a rubbish technique! :001_tt2:

·
Mentored by Meeko
26,469 Posts
Bah humbug! I use litter tray liners and they work fine with me and the Oko litter. Don't know the brand off by heart but they are also biodegradable (still lasting me about 6 weeks until I do a full tray change). I use cellotape to tape the sides down securely, so maybe you are all just using rubbish liners or a rubbish technique! :001_tt2:
I use the old tried and tested "Tip it out and use soap and water" technique it works just fine too ;) :p :lol::lol:
Meeko would pull the cellotape off and try to eat it,He's odd that way :rolleyes:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Mine shreds her liners too and it drives me mad, i have tried not using them but then the litter sticks to the bottom of the tray and is difficult to clean. Does this mean that i am using the wrong kind of litter??? I just get the cheapest when i go to the supermarket........so i spose i have just answered my own question have'nt i!!!! :blushing:
I think i will try and new litter, this Oko that has been mentioned and no liner, Thanks for this thread has been very helpful. :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.