Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Litter tray concealment

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by jo-pop, Aug 25, 2013.

1. jo-pop

jo-pop PetForums VIP

Does anybody here use "litter tray furniture" to conceal the toilet area? Some great ideas on google but just wondering if anybody has used them.
    I'm thinking of a big blanket box style to double up as a hallway seat in the new house. My other idea is to put in in cuboard under stairs and put car flap in the wooden door. What do you think?

2. Jenny1966

Jenny1966 PetForums VIP

I quite like the idea. If I had more space I would definately look into it!

There was someone on here that was making them ...... cant remember their name though :confused: will do some investigation work :D

3. Aurelie

Aurelie PetForums VIP

I don't know if you use Pinterest but if you type Litter Tray Box in the their search lots of great ideas come up.

4. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

5. Jenny1966

Jenny1966 PetForums VIP

6. TatiLie

TatiLie PetForums VIP

I use a Ikea chest with a storage box inside, and I remember someone had the litter tray under the stair, with a nice door. I think was Telling Tails? I know that it was the most perfect hidden toilet and I've been dreaming about it since then.

7. Notnowbernard

Notnowbernard PetForums Senior

we have our hooded litter trays in the understairs cupboard - there is a hole cut in the door so the cats can come and go as they please. I love it as the trays are shut away behind a door, it minimises tracking and mess and is quick and easy to mop and disinfect the area when I'm cleaning. The cupboard opens out into the kitchen so the floor is tiled, plus I keep all the litter and scoops in there too :)

8. jo-pop

jo-pop PetForums VIP

That's what I'm thinking. Could you post a photo of the door please, to show my hubby?
    Did they take ok to the idea of them being in there? I assume you did it gradually with the door open ?

9. Lilylass

Lilylass PetForums VIP

*sigh* I sooooo want one of these (well, I'd really need 2 :eek:) BUT having just had to replace Archie's outside kennel & Maisie being unwell (still in treatment) AND having had to cut my hours at work, funds are really tight just now (also have car service & car insurance to pay for this month :eek:) and I just can't justify it just now

Just got an Ikea catalogue for next year .... off to see if there's anything I could convert!

#9 Lilylass, Aug 25, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  10. Notnowbernard

hi Jo, yes of course - see attached. Yes, we left the door open for a while to get them used to it. It did help having meezers though as they seem to be at least 10x nosier than the average cat!

eta: sorry they're not rotated correctly!

Attached Files:

11. Satori

Satori One of Life's Winners.

12. Notnowbernard

Also, is it raggies you've got Jo? We let the house from a friend and when she lived here she bred raggies who all went in and out of it no problem.

13. TatiLie

TatiLie PetForums VIP

Keep an eye on the ideas of Ikea Hackers IKEA Hackers: pet furniture
    That's where I got the idea for mine.
    [​IMG]

14. MontyMaude

MontyMaude PetForums VIP

I have done the same and the deep sided cleany cat tray that Satori linked to fits inside perfectly (you do have to remove the clipped on lip) and a little door mat in front of the tray inside collects most of litter that would normally track all over the house, I would say that doing the above has cut down tracking by 99% :D

15. Lilylass

Lilylass PetForums VIP

Ohhhhh they're fan!:D

May I ask where you got the box from?

16. witchyone

witchyone PetForums VIP

I have a large floor to ceiling cupboard in my kitchen where the litter tray goes. Its got a sliding door so I just pull it shut enough to hide the litter tray but so the cats can still get in and use it. It means not only is it hidden away the girls can have a poo in privacy :D I call it the en-suite :)

17. Izzie

Izzie PetForums Senior

Pinterest has some fabulous ideas. I'd love to conceal the litter boxes but with izzy peeing all over the place I wouldn't dare.

We have a couple of hooded ones and my OHs grandad was round the other day and asked if it was "one of them fancy machines to clean your shoes". :p

18. MontyMaude

MontyMaude PetForums VIP

Is that about the picture Tatilie posted ? If so it's an Ikea chest called Hol and is £35. Here is mine

[​IMG]

19. Lilylass

Lilylass PetForums VIP

It was indeed :eek:

They come out absolutely brilliantly!

Thanks .... will def be getting one of those for the spare room

Off to get a measuring tape to see if I can get both trays in back to back!:D

20. Lilylass

Lilylass PetForums VIP

Ohhhh just had a quick look and seen these ones HOL Side table - IKEA (which are basically the same but smaller) - I could have one each in different rooms :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice