Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Litter reunion!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by peppapug, Jul 12, 2009.

1. peppapug

peppapug PetForums Senior

I am having a bit of a litter reunion in a couple of weeks. All the pups are coming over with their new people friends for a play with their mum and brother.

i am slightly nervous as to how mum will respond to this but can't wait to see how they have all come on 25 weeks now.

Has anyone held or attended one before? How did mum and pups respond, did it go well? Anything i should know to manage it well?

2. Cavalierlover123

Cavalierlover123 PetForums VIP

Aw thats lovely i never heard of that before, it would be lovely to see how all pups are getting on!! remember to take lots of pics!:D
    Sorry i cant give any advice because ive never been to one or held one..

3. archielee

archielee PetForums VIP

that's so sweet, how many was in the litter

4. scosha37

scosha37 PetForums VIP

Aww thats nice..:D i am sure it will be fine....dont for get we want loads of pictures...;)

5. peppapug

We all agreed we would do a reunion and this is the first. i still have weekly or fortnightly updates from them all and loads of photos but nothing like seeing them all together again.

There were 4 in the litter so 3 to return and with mum and my boy 5 so lots of photos.

Just a bit worried mum might be a bit grumphy about the whole affair, she didnt really enjoy motherhood and has just come back to life. She may well run for the hills :p

6. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

7. Patterdale_lover

Patterdale_lover PetForums VIP

sorry to say it but i shouldn't think mum would remember them as her puppies, they will just be other dogs to her. So as long as she is good with other dogs it should be fine :)

8. SallyUK

SallyUK PetForums Senior

Hi Peppapug

Digby's breeder was planning on doing the same with his litter mates, however she's pregnant and doesn't think it would be a good idea plus 3 of his siblings can't manage.

However, if you take a look at this site and click on "A Party At The Manor" you will see lots of photographs of when they had a reunion party!

Lestorm Golden Retrievers - Home Page - click on News and then "A Party At The Manor"

Good luck

Sal
    x

9. peppapug

thanks for that. I had a retriever before the pugs and that made me want one again real bad! Such beautiful animals and a fantastic occassion.

ours will only be an hour or so. i wondered if mum would recognise them as her own. She is ok with other dogs, would rather not bother but not nasty. her son however and the litter mates i am sure will be a hectic frenzy!

Looking forward to it on the 24th.

10. Yourgifts Ourgifts

Yourgifts Ourgifts PetForums VIP

What a great idea and photos would be great to see if all goes ok..:D

11. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

Fantastic idea! Don't forget to let us all know how it goes....with lots of pics too of course! :D

12. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

i'd love to do this with bailey! we met his brother by sheer coincidence at puppy training classes. we got to class and there was another beagle pup there and he looked so similar to bailey and we got chatting with the lady, and it turned out they were brothers! and it was totally as if they knew it too. they wouldnt leave each other alone! not much was learned at those classes! too much carry on haha.

13. SallyUK

SallyUK PetForums Senior

Good luck!

Digby's 1st birthday is on 24th July too! :rolleyes:

Sal
    x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice