Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Litter picker

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by rona, Jul 30, 2009.

1. rona

rona Guest

So, you are walking along minding your own bussiness and your dog comes across some lovely smelling litter, a crisp packet or burger wrapper. You tell your dog to drop it, and if you have them trained :D they do.
    Now, would you be able to be prosecuted for dropping litter?
    Apparently, a mother was prosecuted when her small child did this :(

2. mr.stitches

mr.stitches PetForums VIP

Its ridiculous these days isnt it, you cannot do anything.

I hate to see litter but I wont pick it up if its not mine.....and if Pip picked something up, I would be disgusted if someone tried to fine me for it! Mind you, Pippin being the minx she is would probably go and hide in a bush with whatever she had found!

3. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Thankfully mine don't pick up things... If I do see dave head towards something he obviously thinks smells nice, one 'leave it' will have him walking straight past.

I did have a foster gsd who on command would 'put it in the bin' :D

x

4. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

If Zipper picked anything up I'd be lucky to get him to drop it, he normally runs off and eats anything he finds :D

5. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

I hate litter louts! was following a car the other day two adults in front two kids in back..... back window opens and out flies sweet papers!!!! take them home with ya lazy people!!!:mad:

6. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

urgh i hate people that drop litter. I walk in the park almost every day with the boys only to find litter like, everywhere. It makes me wonder if people in the world are actually sensible.

I'm not saying i don't pick up my dog's poo, but if people complain about us not picking up after our dogs, then why can't they show the same respect to all park walkers in picking up their litter instead of leaving it lying around for some animal to pick up, swallow and probably choke on?

7. sammyben

sammyben Guest

OMG, thats shocking. If either of my sons pick something up outside I tell them to put it straight down...who knows where its been or whats on it!

What annoys me most around my area is that I find a lot of dog poo bags lying about (full might I add), do they think this makes it any better just cos its bagged. FFS, just carry it to the nearest bin :cursing:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice