Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Litter mats....

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Kittenfostermummy, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Kittenfostermummy

Kittenfostermummy PetForums VIP

For all of you that are screaming at the tracking of litter and are looking into litter mats for outside the trays can I please point you in the direction of this one.....

Pets at Home Litter Mat Grey Large | Pets At Home

It comes in grey or a cream colour.

I have tried many different litter mats and I am totally in love with this one!! Not only does it catch the litter off paws as the cats come out of the trays BUT it is easily hoovered up!! The main thing I found with other mats is that it is impossible to hoover them and the litter just sticks to them so after a while they stop workings!!

I have the large one (they also come in small) and this is big enough to go under two litter trays which are next to each other and they are quite big trays too!

HTH :)

2. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

I use yoga mats. Cheap, easy to keep clean, and very effective. Cats jump down onto the mat, sinking in, then run across the mat (5 ft long) and the mat takes the litter off.

The mat shouldn't go under the litter box, incidentally, it should go in front of the litter box. :)

3. Kittenfostermummy

Kittenfostermummy PetForums VIP

Sorry I said under as I have about an inch or so under the front of the tray to keep it steady and it also means it fits nicer in my hall but the majority of the mat is in front of the entrance/exit of the tray :)

4. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

From what I can see, this looks like the mats I have gotten from ZP. They are very good but they are a bit small so don't catch all the litter.

I might have a look at these the next time I pop into town and see how big they are (it's hard to work out with a 30cm ruler!!! :lol: ). For £10, I'd be expecting a decent size. :)

5. oggers86

oggers86 PetForums VIP

I have one of those from PAH and they do make a difference, a lot of litter falls out when I shake it. Mine is cream though and although it's been washed still has stains on so the grey would be better.

6. Sophiebee

Sophiebee PetForums VIP

I got this in cream and cut it in half to go infront of my two boxes, if you use oko it doesnt catch all the litter (as far as i can tell nothing does :rolleyes:) but it does get alot and makes a huge difference.

7. Sophiebee

Sophiebee PetForums VIP

MB if it helps this is half of the mat in front of one of my trays, so double the size is fairly big.

[​IMG]

8. jessica93

jessica93 PetForums Senior

I also have this but mine is shapped as a semi circle, I've had it a year now and it still works. It is very good and does take litter off paws :)

9. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

Thank you for that Sophiebee, that is a fair good size. I'll definitely be looking in my local shop for these. The material is the same as my smaller mats so I know it works from that perspective. :)

10. georgypan

georgypan PetForums Senior

i have two of the little ones from Zooplus but I gave one to my son as they were very small. I got the semi-circular one from Pets at Home and it's exactly the same construction as the ZP ones. They really trap the litter and can be shaken back into the little box. I only have to sweep up the tiniest bit of litter that escapes onto the tiled floor.

11. Lilylass

Lilylass PetForums VIP

Another vote for the big PAH one - in fact, I just bought a new one at the weekend!

Absolutely LOVE them :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice