Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Litter Locker

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Kia78, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Kia78

Kia78 PetForums Junior

I had decided last week to order the Litter Locker Litter Locker II at zooplus this week and have went online to place my order and have spotted this one which is slightly cheaper - Litter Champ Litter Champ: on Sale now at zooplus: Litter Champ

Can anyone see any differences between the two that would affect effectiveness? If one is even a wee bit better than the other I'll get the better one but if they're the same then I'll go for the cheaper version...

Any help appreciated :)

2. messyhearts

messyhearts PetForums VIP

What bags are used for the Champ? Litter Locker bags are easy enough to purchase.

3. chesca13

chesca13 PetForums Member

I have the litter locker and it is amazing, worth its weight in gold. I saw the other one on zooplus the other day, they look the same cant really see how one could be better than the other. If you do go for litter locker the re-fill bags are about £1 cheaper from Pets at home but if you go for the other let us know what its like as i know quite a few people have the litter locker one so be good to have a insight on another make.

4. chesca13

5. popoki

popoki PetForums Member

I've got the Litter Champ, it's great! :thumbup1:
    Neat and easy to use, I do replace the bags every few days though otherwise it's a bit whiffy every time you use it.

6. stoneandglass

stoneandglass PetForums Junior

I don't have either but I need to look into getting something like this soon. I think the only real difference is the seals. The litter locker one closes the bag, the litter champ seems to have a kind of double lid (?)

and what do the refills for the litter locker do? I thought it was just a ring, is it a filter?

7. kerfuffle

kerfuffle PetForums Senior

Hiya,

The Litter Locker II is cheaper now on sale at £9.89, not sure if that will make a difference to your decision. You can only access the 50% discounted price through a direct link (like below) or search through the sale section.

Litter Locker II at zooplus

If you search through the normal search bar, you only get the more expensive "version".

8. Ren

Ren PetForums Senior

The Litter Locker is amazing, and the refills last for ages. haven't heard anything about the other one.

9. Kia78

Kia78 PetForums Junior

I came across the sale one also while browsing - and promptly ordered :D

Thanks all for your help!

10. chesca13

The refill ring bit is the bags, you make a knot in the end then pull the bag out untill its at the bottom of the littler locker then to remove the bag there is a cutter to cut the bag off then just tie another knot at the top(did that make sense?)

11. harley bear

harley bear PetForums VIP

How long do the refills last in the litter locker?

The litter champ uses bags but how long does one of them last?

I am very tempted to buy one now lol

12. alisondalziel

alisondalziel PetForums VIP

These sound very like the nappy bins you get for babies.

I have one that i've had up for sale for ages and can't seem to get rid of it!

Refills are very easy to find, same idea with the 'ring of bags'.

13. harley bear

Yeah me too i got one when my second baby was born never used it and no one wants the bloody thing lol it seems a waste to throw it away.

14. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

I saw this on an email from zooplus and have ordered one this morning :thumbsup: I was just looking for this thread to offer the OP the same advice :D

15. BSH

BSH PetForums Senior

The Litter Locker refills are identical to the nappy bin refills

http://www.angelcare-refills.co.uk/

If you have a nappy bin it could therefore be used for the cat litter as they are the same product rebranded :D

16. kerfuffle

kerfuffle PetForums Senior

If you still have it, you can use it like a Litter Locker and save yourself the money from buying another one!

17. harley bear

Thats not a bad idea but i thought the litter locker would have been quite abit bigger than a nappy wrapper.

18. Chez87

Chez87 PetForums VIP

Was about the post about the nappy bags you can use instead, think it's 3 for a tenner on amazon, much cheaper!

I love my litter locker! Saves me traipsing up and down the stairs numerous times a day!

19. stoneandglass

stoneandglass PetForums Junior

I would love to get one no while it's on sale but I don't need it just yet and couldn't hide it in the cupboard from the OH for a 'oh I got that weeks ago' :rolleyes:
    ah well, soon soon

20. chesca13

I normally use the "but it was on sale so im saving money!!" line, he used to argue that i was still actually spending money but now he just goes along with my crazy logic :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice