Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Litter Kwitter

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by marmie, Aug 19, 2009.

1. marmie

marmie PetForums Newbie

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has tried the litter kwitter - teaching your cat to use the toilet and if it has worked?

I'm thinking about giving it a go when my kitten is a bit older and bigger - he's only 11 weeks at the moment.

It seems a good idea to me as my little kitten seems to stand in his mess every now and again :(

Would be a lot more hygienic as I'm so paranoid about where he has walked after using his tray and spreading germs around the house.

Anyone with any experience or advice about Litter Kwitter?

Thanks

2. MADCAT

MADCAT PetForums VIP

I saw this in pets at home the other day, never tried it would be interested to know if anyone as though and if it worked :)

3. Dozymoo

Dozymoo PetForums VIP

Just googled it! Amazing. :D:D:D Would love to know if anyones had any success with this. xx

4. ellie8024

ellie8024 PetForums VIP

i had a look on youtube and some people have made like a video diary of training their cat its very tempting might get it as there are 4 cats here... now if only we could teach them to flush too

5. tylow

tylow PetForums VIP

lol imagine the queue for the toilet in multi cat households :D

6. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

My friends trained hers to use this as she has a downstairs cloak room she doesnt use and hers took to it after a few initial mis haps. she said its handy as long as the doors left open her cat can never get caught short. mum in laws will widdle in the bath plug hole if hes caught short.

7. ok i havent used one, but i do have a cat who will use the toilet! :eek:

I have to say i hate it!

The toilet is always covered in HAIR! its minging! I have to fully fully clean the toilet every time i or the kids want to use it! bleugh!

The same cat likes to sleep in the sinks too, as does my persian, so i have to explain to guests why i have hairy sinks too!

8. MADCAT

MADCAT PetForums VIP

Really?? Lol that is really funny, not for you though, my boris just like to sit on my knee if i go the loo.

9. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

My first persian use to sleep in the hand basin and in the fish tank if given the chance whilst we were cleaning the fish out. Hed also lay along the bath shelve when i use to have a bath. Wasnt bothered by water he use to have a bath. My friends longhaired trys to get in the shower with her and he adores it.

10. Faerie Queene

Faerie Queene PetForums Member

This is something I've been wanting to do with my 3 for some time now.
    The young girl (2 and a bit) walks around the seat quite happily, and her brother has no problems with the lid, but the old girl - well she's a ****** so no comment there!
    I've seen other versions of this idea, but I can't remember the names at the mo. With one brand, you gradually cut away the tray, but Litter Kwitter seems less of a fuss.
    We only have the one loo, so I'm hoping it won't be a messy time.:eek:

11. Faerie Queene

Faerie Queene PetForums Member

I've been looking at prices for this, and £30 seems to be RRP.
    So, I'm thinking - that's a bit steep - but not when you add up the price of litter!
    I use quite a cheap brand, and ONLY spend £60 a year on it.:yikes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice