Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Liquid Form of Green Lipped/ Glucosamine for cat?

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Sammyantha, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Sammyantha

Sammyantha PetForums Newbie

Hi everyone, old cat (approx 18/19) has severe arthritis. Her back legs have gone 3 times in the past few months poor baby. She is on metacam with the vet and also meds for thyroid problems. We have been looking into green lipped mussel, yumove, seraquin etc supplement as these have so many good reviews from people with similar issues. However we can't find a liquid form of any of these. Kitty will absolutely not eat tablets and leaves her food if you mix anything into it.

Can anyone suggest a liquid green lipped mussel/ glucosamine/ chonodrin (spelling?) supplement please, one that is very good quality?

Thanks in advance

2. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

Hi, I give one on my cats Yumove for arthritis in one of his back legs (an old injury). It comes as capsules, which I open and mix the powder in to his food. He doesn't seem to notice it, though to be fair he is not a super-fussy cat when it comes to having stuff added to his food.

As far as I know all the makes of green lipped mussel extract come as a powder, either loose or in capsules. Possibly because it is easier to store and transport than a liquid.

I wonder if you could add the powder to sterile water and dissolve it - I assume you would syringe it into your cat's mouth after food? Would you like me to try with the Yumove caps I have and let you know if the contents dissolve in water?

stockwellcat. likes this.
  3. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

4. stockwellcat.

stockwellcat. Banned

#4 stockwellcat., Nov 8, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice