Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

lino/sticky tiles

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by khumphrey, Jul 26, 2009.

1. khumphrey

khumphrey PetForums Junior

Hi everyone,

Were finally making the shed started yesterday :lol::lol::lol: woo hoo
    Anyway what can we use for the floor was thinking of lino but mom suggested the vinyl floor tiles that have a sticky back? You can get them in the pound shop. Do you think it would be ok?

Thanks
    Kirsty

2. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

I have seen a vid of a home made indoor rabbit cage that used these stick on tiles they looked ok

I have no idea how good the stick would be from pound shops

also with the tiles it would take some time to get them stuck right next to eachother so not bits fester in the gaps

personally id go for lino or lion scraps from a flooring place, then you can take them out give them a good hose down and clean, also buns like a bit of carpet to sit on and keep warm, (might be worth advertising on your local freecycle for some spare flooring)

Show us some pics when ur done :)

3. khumphrey

khumphrey PetForums Junior

Thanks i was thinking the same just thought i'd check. Will try and get hold of some lino

Yep pics will be posted:lol:

4. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

Personally I wouldn't bother with the sticky vinyl tiles as they tend to lift up should they get wet. We used them in our downstairs toilet and they lifted up after a few moppings.

You can get some really good hard wearing linos designed for industrial kitchens

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice