Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

limpy kitty :(

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by bella2013, Oct 9, 2013.

1. bella2013

bella2013 PetForums VIP

hi, ive just got home for my dinner to be greeted by Bella limping on her back left leg. when i went to touch it she bite me, not hard but sort of a get off it hurts.
    she has gone of her food a little bit, refused AC which isnt like her, but wolfed down applaws tuna, just to get her to eat something. when she was eating i had a good feel of her leg to see if she'd react, nothing, i could fully extend her leg and checked her pads, nothing in them.
    she also does this weird sneezy thing when shes cleaning herself or in my bed.
    she's an inside cat so i cant really think where she's hurt it, she's not much of a jumpy cat (only on the worktops).
    can anyone offer me any advice, do i give it 24 hiours and if she's still like it take her to the vets, she's due to be spayed on friday.
    thanks

2. catcoonz

catcoonz PetForums VIP

She probably twisted her leg and is sore, the vet would give metacam as pain relief, my cat done this but after pain relief she was back to normal 2 days later.

3. bella2013

bella2013 PetForums VIP

thats reasuring, i've just got back from the vets and she did prescribe metacam for a week. she can also still be spayed so thats a relief. her knee is slightly swollen she said.
    thanks

4. catcoonz

catcoonz PetForums VIP

Glad all is sorted. :)

5. bella2013

bella2013 PetForums VIP

ok so bellas been spayed today, she's sulked since we've got her home sleeping on the top of her cat tree, they've spayed her on left side where her sore leg is and ive tried avoiding this side all together, but had to clean her due an accident on way home :eek:.

when picked her up she cried out in obvious pain, im wondering if she seems in more pain due to her spay or if her legs got worse, just i dont remember my mums cats being in this much obvious pain after their spays.

thank you in advance :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice