Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Limping puppy

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Niedermayer, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Niedermayer

Niedermayer PetForums Newbie

Hello,

We're planning to visit the vet next week if it doesn't get better, but I'm asking out of curiosity and mostly to calm my self down a little perhaps..

Our GSD puppy was called to go inside whilst the porch was wet from raining earlier that day. He ran so he slipped and fell, he has been limping a little on his back left leg for 2 days now. He's not reacting to us touching his leg or hips, it doesn't seem to hurt him. Not even when we put some gently pressure.

He's even playing and running around even though we don't encourage him to do so now, so it seems like just a bit of an ache like any human could get that will disappear after a while?

He's 13-14 weeks now, should we see the vet tomorrow if possible or wait a few days? Thanks for any answers.

2. O2.0

O2.0 PetForums VIP

I would go sooner rather than later.
    Pups crash and fall all the time, a little limp after the incident maybe, but 2 days of soreness is cause for a vet trip IMO. He's in the middle of a rapid growth time and you really want to make sure nothing interferes with proper growth.

3. Sarah H

Sarah H Grand Empress of the Universe

If he's limping it's hurting. I agree with O2.0, I'd be off to the vet now. If it were my pup I'd have rested him for a couple of days to see if that helped but after that it would be the vet for a proper check.

4. Niedermayer

Niedermayer PetForums Newbie

I'll call the vet the first thing in the morning tomorrow and hope that they have an available time during the day.

I appreciate the answers. :)

5. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

As others have said see your vet as soon as possible, never leave even small injuries with a puppy could cause long term problems.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice