Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Limping lightning

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Shadow And Lightning, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Shadow And Lightning

Shadow And Lightning PetForums VIP

This is the third time i have noticed the poor guy limping since hes been with me, first timee i took him to the vet, they said it was nothing and gave some pain killer, so the second time, same leg again, i was worried, but it only lasted a few hours and he was still playing etc so he didnt go the vet, but this time its one of his back legs, he keeps falling to the floor while hes trying to walk, whhen i had a look, he attacked my hand and let out a psycho growl lol, he cant even jump higher than his own height, so i dont think hes limping due to falling of the wardrobe or anything
    im worried that he has some sort of weak bones! planning to take him the vet tomorrow, but i was just wondering is there anything that can cause limping and pain in his legs, that wont be related to falls or bumps

2. WelshYorkieLover

WelshYorkieLover PetForums VIP

Aw poor little guy! Honestly I don't think we know half the things our cats get up to and if we did we'd probably be horrified lol! I don't really know anything about this but could it be a knee joint thing? My yorkie's knees are completely out of their sockets and have been all her life. She'll be 11 on the first. It doesn't bother her which is why the vet hasn't wanted to operate on her but sometimes she lands awkwardly and it hurts and she limps. This comes and goes every so often. Good luck at the vet tomorrow xx

3. Shadow And Lightning

hes only 4 months old, nothing feels broken or out of place, maybe a bit swollen but i cant quite tell, hes livened up a bit now but still limping, it doesnt seem to hurt unless im touching it, my mum reckons hes just a dope who doesnt watch where hes going, but he looks so sore he couldnt even walk over for his favourite treats before, and then just kinda dragged himself, using his front paws :(

4. WelshYorkieLover

WelshYorkieLover PetForums VIP

Aw bless him! It's heart wrenching to see them in pain or struggling isn't it! I hope everything goes well tomorrow. Please let me know how he gets on. These little fur balls are always worrying us over something! Xx

5. Treaclesmum

Treaclesmum PetForums VIP

Maybe Shadow has had a playfight with him, given a bite or scratch, and there's an undetected abscess somewhere on his leg? :confused:

6. McSquirtle

McSquirtle PetForums Senior

Has he had a vaccination recently? It does sound strange... Hope your vet has some answers for you x

7. Shadow And Lightning

hess up to date with his vaccinations but did get quite a big lump due to it,

the vet checked all his legs , n found that his back leg was a bit swollen, nothing serious they gave some anti inflammatories n said he must just be the more clumsy one of the two :)

8. ShelybellyandTeamC

ShelybellyandTeamC Bad Joke Generator

I would take him to the vets sheldon was limping a little a couple weeks ago and it turned out that he had pulled a muscle and apparently its quiet common in cats however Im no expert but id take him just to be sure and if they say its nothing and your not happy with it pop him in the car and take him straight to a dif vets to get a 2nd opinion

9. Ianthi

Ianthi PetForums VIP

Hmm.....Owing to his initial response earlier he sounded in a lot of pain so surprised vet didn't find anything, even an abscess. This plus an tendency to limping might well need further investigation. I certainly monitor this from now on.

Has he improved with the medication?

10. Shadow And Lightning

when i touch his leg now theres no reaction from him hes calm doesnt seem to hurt him, it was like that when he was at the vets too, im guessing he just banged it and i was touching it while it was still sore, he was checked by 2 different vets while he was there n they both said its just a bit swollen but since having the medication his walks improved, no limp at all and he isnt plonking himself down all the time like last night, if he limps again they will have to start looking at maybe a neurological cause or something they said but also said if this was the case his limp would be more permanent

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice