Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Limping & Lethargic...poorly Stella :(

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Laurr456, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Laurr456

Laurr456 PetForums Member

Hi Guys :)

Just wanted a bit of advice as Stella is poorly and I'm wondering what it could be?

I came back from holiday on Friday & my Dad had been staying at mine looking after Stella while I was away. He said on Thursday she was limping slightly (front right paw) but still chasing flies etc in garden so thought it must have just been a twinge or something. However, today it's much worse. She's walking (limping) and chasing flies & stretching etc but won't pry weight directly on it when she's sat, she just holds it up. We tried to have a good look but couldn't see anything on/in the pad area and when I touched a part she growled & swiped at me so I left her be!

It's not just the limping though, she's really lethargic and hasn't been outside at all today except for a wee in the garden the odd time. She's currently curled up beside OH - as nice as that is, it's not like her! She's ate loads today though so appetite isn't a problem.

Is it possible she's got an infection from something?

I call vets this morning & have appointment first thing Monday morning but that feels like ages away :mellow:

2. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

Did you concentrate on the foot and paw area only? Try checking the whole leg and shoulder area to see if you have find any evidence of swelling, heat or any signs of a puncture wound. It could be shes had a cat bite perhaps, usually if that happens an abcess can form, and it can make them really off colour and lethargic as they can be very painful.

3. Laurr456

Yes the rest of her leg seems ok, she let me feel about but soon as I go near her foot she starts growling (just tried it again & she growled - now she's lying still but her tail is swishing!)

She had a cat bite on her tail a few months ago (which was an abscess) but she seemed more poorly then & wasn't eating at all - although she did get worse over a few days then also.

She's letting OH nearer to her foot than me & he swears he can feel something stuck in her pad (he was stroking it while she was asleep before I had a feel and she woke up) but I'm not convinced.

Hate it when she's not herself! :(

4. Cosmills

Cosmills PetForums VIP

Try bathing her paw in a bowl of salt water.. She may have a thorn or a grass seed in her paw pad .. This happened with my boy it was a tiny piece of wood

5. Laurr456

I tried but she scratched me like mad to get away and is now cowering under the table looking sorry for herself so I'm just leaving her be!

She's eating and limped outside earlier for a wee so I have a feeling she's just in pain/discomfort.

Roll on 9am tomorrow for her trip to the vets - hopefully it won't be too traumatic for her (or me!!) :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice