Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Lily's pickle!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by foxyrockmeister, Sep 2, 2013.

1. foxyrockmeister

foxyrockmeister PetForums VIP

Oh dear, Miss Lily Pickle really got herself in a bit of a pickle today :eek:

Monday's are the days that the Pickles get left for the longest (about 6 hours) due to my shift pattern, we go for a walk early before I go and then they are fine to be left until I get home mid afternoon.

So, today I get home normal time, Crazy Pickles greeting at the baby gate, blankets strewn across the floor, nothing unusual there!

Lily has a blanket across her back and is trying to jump up but it looks like she has her feet on the blanket and it's tripping her up. So I bend down to give her some fuss and she starts whimpering.

She has somehow managed to make a hole in the blanket, then get her head and one of her front legs through it and is completely tangled :(

It was so tight around her neck and chest that I had to cut her out of it as there was no way it was coming back over her head :eek:

Poor girl :( I have no idea how long she had been like that, it could have been 6 hours!!

No harm done and she is fine, no soreness even though it was cutting in to her but it is a bit of a worry.

I always remove their collars at home because I worry that they could get caught up, but I never imagined that they were in danger from their blankets!!

2. Sarah1983

Sarah1983 PetForums VIP

Oh dear Lily! Glad there was no harm done. Sounds like a bit of a freak accident though. Only a Pickle!

3. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Poor little legs Lily Pickle. Definitely sounds like a freak accident.

4. moonviolet

moonviolet PetForums VIP

Awww poor Miss L Pickle. Glad there was no harm done.

5. foxyrockmeister

A bit more material for the next book I guess :lol:

So, don't tell me Miss Pickle is the only dog to have been attacked by her own blanket, surely not :rolleyes:

6. Tarnus

Tarnus PetForums VIP

Poor Lily! Glad we've not got a dog here daft enough to do something like tha...

[​IMG]

:rolleyes:

7. GingerRogers

GingerRogers PetForums VIP

Oh poor lily pickle.

Yes you have the daftest dog. I did think ninja had really hurt her leg once. She was holding it so high. She had her dew claw caught in her collar tag.:confused:

8. metaldog

metaldog PetForums VIP

Poor miss Lily pickle. I hope she's recovered from her frightful blanket episode and doesn't get fluffy blanket phobia :(

It's a shame they haven't got an off switch for when you go out and leave them isn't it. Would make life so much simpler ;)

9. Doguiesrus

Doguiesrus PetForums Senior

My 55kg six month old puppy once managed to get stuck in one of these! I dosent have time for pics and nearly rang the fire brigade!if you imagine it was solid sided and he had slipped his head eh rough so his body was jammed! I only put for adults now!

Attached Files:

10. moggiemum

moggiemum PetForums VIP

tey are our babies and we need to treat them as such , be vigliant, remember they are curious and silly sometimes:rolleyes:
    i wasnt gonna put this in but i changed my mind a friend of a friend s mother went to wake her son up who had nt come down for breakfast , he had gone to bed drunk and gotten strangeled by his football scarf :( sad but true

11. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Thats horrible, MM.:( Poor guy.

Hannah has done the dew claw in collar tag a few times. Adam though gets himself caught on himself quite often! He will come hopping in the house on three legs coz he has been absent mindedly scratching his side and got his back paw stuck in his fur!:rolleyes:

12. Strawberryearth

Strawberryearth PetForums VIP

Aww bless her. Betty did something very similar. She is normally wagging and waiting for me at the door when I come home at lunch but one day all was quiet and she was no where to be seen.

I had a scout around, mildly panicking, and found her snuggled up behind to sofa (where her "bedroom" is)- wondered if she was sick, or worse, as she hadn't moved to come and greet me. Only to discover that she had managed to get tangled in a bit of loose thread from her duvet. By tangled I mean 1 single bit of thread was across her chest while the rest of the duvet was around her back- essentially making a duvet superdog cape....the thread was easily snapped but obviously she had interpreted its "hold" as kryptonite or something!!

Drama Queen!

13. foxyrockmeister

That is so tragic :(

It is true that you need to be vigilant and try to prevent things like this from happening, but you can't prepare for every possible thing that might happen and sometimes freak accidents do happen.

It did worry me a bit as she was really stuck and it was quite tight across her neck and chest, I'm sure it could have ended up far worse than it was. As well as that, it was an incredibly hot day here again yesterday so I don't suppose she was particularly comfortable being all wrapped up in a blanket either, although thankfully our house does stay quite cool.

I try to make sure they are not left with anything they can harm themselves on, but other than putting them in individual padded cells you can only do so much.

She doesn't appear to have developed a fear of the 'killer blanket' anyway :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice