Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Lilys Kitchen

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Tillystar, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Tillystar

Tillystar PetForums VIP

Hi just wondering people's views on the grain free dry food please??

2. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Administrator
    Staff Member

I feed my little dog on it, she loves it and it suits her. She has the kibble in the morning and JWB wet or home prepared meals in the evening. I do find the Lily's Kitchen wet rather rich for her, tends to make her vomit.

3. Tillystar

Tillystar PetForums VIP

Do u ever find its on offer much?

4. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Administrator
    Staff Member

sadly not, I buy it from Kennelgate locally , but as Tango is only small a 2kg bag costing £7 lasts us at least a month. What breed is your dog ?
    You could look round on-line stockists and see if you can get it cheaper, allowing for delivery costs.

5. Tillystar

Tillystar PetForums VIP

She a Tibetan terrier cross weights 9.2kg but im looking for one with low fat as im trying to get bout 1kg off her at present. Id need bout 2.5 bags a month cheapest ive found is £6.40 a bag so its the price putting me off really

6. SixStar

SixStar Banned

It's actually not that great - the meat is fresh rather than meal, which means the final meat content after the moisture has been removed in the final product is about 6%. Shame really, because the company is brilliant, and the wet food is excellent.

7. Tillystar

Tillystar PetForums VIP

I was looking at it cos I found the fat content low as im trying to find a low fat food 4 Tilly grain free now.

8. SixStar

SixStar Banned

Have a look at Vitalin Maintenance - chicken based, grain free - 9% fat, compared to Lily's Kitchen chicken & duck which is 11%.

9. Tillystar

Tillystar PetForums VIP

Was looking at venison n new lamb one which are 8% as I want one that does at least two flavours

10. SixStar

SixStar Banned

Just thought it was worth a mention as the Vitalin has a good amount of chicken meal - whereas the grain free Lily's kibbles have a very small (circa 6%) of meat in the finished product - basically meaty flavoured potatoes and lentils with a huge price tag! Good luck choosing though :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice