Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Lilys Kitchen and feeding help

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by CMH35, Aug 23, 2013.

1. CMH35

CMH35 PetForums Newbie

I tried a tin of Lilys kitchen today..this time she ate it! I have found if I sprinkle thrive on her food she will eat it!

I've just got a really good deal on 28 tins on a mixed selection of Lilys, I am guessing that as it's better quality both cats will not be eating as much?

Currently I am feeding 1 pouch of gourmet AM, 1 pouch PM and a half pouch very very late PM, we found doing this stops them from jumping on us at 4am!

I do have james wellbeloved biscuits down all the time but only a few and they tend to graze as and when.

If I can swap to lilys how many trays a day to they get, one cat is very small under 2kgs and the other is about 2.4kgs

Thank you!

2. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

Hi CMH, your cats sound very small -- how old are they? Do you think they are underweight?

If they are over 2.5 years old, it is likely they have stopped growing. Most adult cats need about 250 grams of wet food per day. So that would be 2 and half 100 gram pouches or aluminium foil trays per day, which I think is what you are giving them.

If they are younger than 2.5 yrs and possibly still growing, then they could eat as much as 400 grams a day each. It is best if most of their diet can be high meat protein wet food. I would not let them "graze" on dry food all day as it spoils their appetites and then they eat less of the food when you serve it at mealtimes, food that is more nourishing and better for building strong bones and muscle.

It is a pity you can only get your cat to eat the Lily's with dry treats sprinkled on top:( Also Lily's is quite an expensive food, so maybe you could combine it in a diet along with a couple of other cheaper good foods. Have you had a look at the quality canned foods available on Zooplus, such as Grau, Animonda Carny, or CatzFineFood (which most cats love!)

Pet Supplies, Pet Food, Dog Food, Cat Food and Pet Accessories at Zooplus

Or at The Happy Kitty Company, which stocks nothing but good quality foods reasonably priced: e.g , Macs, OmNomNom, Granatapet.

All Products | The Happy Kitty Company

3. CMH35

CMH35 PetForums Newbie

Chillminx thank you for the info, The cats had their check up and I was way out on weights! our male cat is 4.67kg and female 3.45kg he said she is only slightly underweight for her size and the male slightly overweight.

They are enjoying Lilys Kitchen now without any sprinkles but I also want to try grau and perhaps Macs.

Thanks for the good info!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice