UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

481 - 500 of 503 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #481 ·
I hope you like the hammock.;)
A touch of the curate's egg. I think we need to take this in very easy, baby steps for Tommy.

Lily loved it- popped in straight away (with the help of a few treats) - Tommy wasn't certain At All. We finally persuaded him in, but he insisted on lying on Lily - she wasn't struck on that, but put up with it. Me laddo was all right for the first couple of miles, and then started to get restive - and then I realised he'd managed to do Houdini Hound again and had somehow slipped out of his harness (which was still buckled up and attached to the seat belt) - he was completely free and was trying to climb into the front of the car. Fortunately we were at a point where we could pull into a layby, take him out, reharness him, take Lily out of the car, remove the hammock and pop both hounds on the back seat, me in the middle, resecure them and continue on our merry way.

I have more grey hairs and am tempted to hit the bottle...

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #482 · (Edited)
Lily: Today has been a Special 'Citing Day, and we has had Pub Lunch to celebrate! But I shall let Tommy my brother tell you all about it, because it iz even more 'citing for him.
Tommy: We went to kennels today to see our friends and take them for walks and sniffs. But that was not the 'citing bit! Auntie Debs at the kennels told Mummy I have a Clean Bill of Health and then they went into the office and when they came out Mummy had a folder full of papers and Auntie Debs took my muzzle off and said Well, You Won't Have To Wear That Again and gave me a treat - and I iz adopted! Mummy haz filled out the paperwork and I am living with them for ever and ever!!
And then we went to the pub and Lily - who is really really my sister now - and I had fishy fingers and peas, and Daddy saved us some snosidge and Mummy saved us some jacket potato and prawnsis and cherry tomato and cucumber! And now we are home and I have dragged my bedding in front of the magic picture box because I can do that now I reallyreally live here and am snoozing happily. It haz been a Pawsome Day!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #484 ·
Tommy: Today was pawsome as well! We went on a group greyhound walk round the Country Park, and there were lotsandlotsandlots of other greyhounds (FM: 40 of us in total!) and although it was not our usual branch walk but another one, my first foster people were there with my first foster brothers and sisters and I ran up to them with my tail wagging and sais Hello! I Iz Adopted Now! and they were really happy for me, and then we went on a nice long walk. And I was Good and slowed down when Fat Mum asked me to because of her Trick Knee (I am still waiting to see what tricks it does).

And then there were snossidges and they were proper snossidges! And we had two each! Fat Mum broke them into little bits because Lily iz a Guts and would swallow them whole (Lily: Hey! I heard that! I iz not a Guts! I just have a Healthy Appetite] and so we licked her fingers because they still smelled of Yum.

And then FM and TF had a picnic lunch and there were peanut butter sangwidges just for us!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #485 ·
FM: Despite regular combings and monthly flea treatments, both Lily and Tommy still have fleas: Tommy more so.

Last night we discovered that Tommy has a Special Friend. At 3 am, after his early hours wee, Tommy brought his Special Friend inside to see meet us.

Tommy's Special Friend is a fully grown hedgehog, which was lovingly deposited in the middle of Tommy's bed. Mr Hedgehog was unharmed (he was taken outside on the bed) and Tommy mouth has no sign of any damage from prickles. He must be very soft mouthed.

All is now revealed....

·
loving life
2,415 Posts
FM: Despite regular combings and monthly flea treatments, both Lily and Tommy still have fleas: Tommy more so.

Last night we discovered that Tommy has a Special Friend. At 3 am, after his early hours wee, Tommy brought his Special Friend inside to see meet us.

Tommy's Special Friend is a fully grown hedgehog, which was lovingly deposited in the middle of Tommy's bed. Mr Hedgehog was unharmed (he was taken outside on the bed) and Tommy mouth has no sign of any damage from prickles. He must be very soft mouthed.

All is now revealed....
:confused::eek::rolleyes::D:D

·
Registered
3,646 Posts

All is now revealed....
Is that the possible source of your fleas?

edit: sorry missed the last bit of your post.
I once had a massive flea invasion from a dead rabbit hidden in the garden.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #490 ·
I once had a massive flea invasion from a dead rabbit hidden in the garden.
They found a dead squirrel today, but fortunately I managed to drag them away before they got too close. Needless to say I was Horrid fat Mum who never lets innocent little hounds have any fun...

And Tommy has taken an aversion to the flea comb.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #491 ·
And, as usual, we stagger from disaster to disaster.

This morning Tommy was happily engaged chasing a skyraisin when he slipped on the settee and tore another claw. The claw was still attached to his toe, but at a terrifying 90 degree angle - and the sofa was covered with blood.

I grabbed a teatowel, soaked it in cold water and used it as a cold compress while the Twit phoned the kennels. After a brief discussion as to whether or not we wanted to try to pull it off (answer: no chance!) we bundled both hounds into the car, Tommy muzzled in case he caught his foot and snapped at me and very unhappy (I suspect because in the ensuing panic the first muzzle that came to hand was Lily's, and Big Beautiful Sable Midnight Hounds do not wear Girly Pink) and me clutching his poorly paw, still wrapped in the teatowel in a poo bag.

By the time we got to kennels. the offending claw had fallen off, leaving a frightening long sharp shard. Nice Auntie Jo clipped the shard away, washed poorly paw and wrapped in up in cottonwool and Vetwrap. And Tommy was so good - not a whimper, never mind a growl, and leant on her while she checked the rest of his claws and trimmed a few. Lily stood by, offering a comforting presence and clearly worried.

So - no long walk today, but plenty of treats. And my dog-walking trousers have a bloodstain in a Most Unfortunate place.

·
loving life
2,415 Posts
And, as usual, we stagger from disaster to disaster.

This morning Tommy was happily engaged chasing a skyraisin when he slipped on the settee and tore another claw. The claw was still attached to his toe, but at a terrifying 90 degree angle - and the sofa was covered with blood.

I grabbed a teatowel, soaked it in cold water and used it as a cold compress while the Twit phoned the kennels. After a brief discussion as to whether or not we wanted to try to pull it off (answer: no chance!) we bundled both hounds into the car, Tommy muzzled in case he caught his foot and snapped at me and very unhappy (I suspect because in the ensuing panic the first muzzle that came to hand was Lily's, and Big Beautiful Sable Midnight Hounds do not wear Girly Pink) and me clutching his poorly paw, still wrapped in the teatowel in a poo bag.

By the time we got to kennels. the offending claw had fallen off, leaving a frightening long sharp shard. Nice Auntie Jo clipped the shard away, washed poorly paw and wrapped in up in cottonwool and Vetwrap. And Tommy was so good - not a whimper, never mind a growl, and leant on her while she checked the rest of his claws and trimmed a few. Lily stood by, offering a comforting presence and clearly worried.

So - no long walk today, but plenty of treats. And my dog-walking trousers have a bloodstain in a Most Unfortunate place.
:eek::Nurse:Nurse Oh Tommy your poor hooman, you know how to keep her busy!
I hope he can stay out of trouble for a while, he's the Frank Spencer of Noble Hounds isn't he?;)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #493 ·
:eek::Nurse:Nurse Oh Tommy your poor hooman, you know how to keep her busy!
I hope he can stay out of trouble for a while, he's the Frank Spencer of Noble Hounds isn't he?;)
He's so beautiful and so accident prone (Tommy, I mean!) At the moment he's decided to sleep on the landing, right in front of the loo door - sod the expense, the light's going have to stop on all night!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #495 ·
Ouch. And that's putting it mildly.

I have been lying down for most of the day, nursing a fine crop of bumps and bruises caused by Lily managing to push me headfirst down the stairs. I'm just relieved it wasn't worse - for one awful moment I thought I was going to go headfirst into the cast-iron radiator - but boy, do I ache!

Tommy has been Very Worried (I wonder whether First Dad fell down the stairs when he had his stroke?) and Lily is very, very contrite.

·
loving life
2,415 Posts
Ouch. And that's putting it mildly.

I have been lying down for most of the day, nursing a fine crop of bumps and bruises caused by Lily managing to push me headfirst down the stairs. I'm just relieved it wasn't worse - for one awful moment I thought I was going to go headfirst into the cast-iron radiator - but boy, do I ache!

Tommy has been Very Worried (I wonder whether First Dad fell down the stairs when he had his stroke?) and Lily is very, very contrite.
Crikey!!!! You need to start wearing protective clothing and a crash helmet! :eek::confused::Nurse:Nurse:Nurse
Seriously though, I hope the bruising is just superficial. Please take care, and a speedy recovery.;)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #498 ·
Lily: Iz hot. Too hot for walks. We went across the paddock and then home, and we haz spent all day trying to sleep and complaining we iz Too Hot. And Rotten Ol' Fat Mum will not let me play in the garden because I keep trying to go up to the pidgin's nest and Look In!. Was not my fault Little Pidgin did not want to play!
Hot and Sticky Fat Mum: I;m not surprised he didn't want to play after you bit his head off, revolting creature!
Tommy: Can I go and play with the hedgehogs? Pretty please?
Harrassed Hot and Sricky Fat Mum: NO!

·
loving life
2,415 Posts
9 o'clock is walkies time for Dan whilst this heatwave continues. He had an early morning walk and a quick dash round the field at 10 ish followed by a rub down with a wet flannel but has been lolling about hogging the fan most of the day, too hot for his royal hairiness😁 not to mention his loyal servants, we have been snoozing the day away:sleep:. So glad we don't have pigeons and hedgehogs to contend with though 😉 - sympathy with FM and TF. Rain has been forecast for tomorrow, hope it's enough to fill the water butt......

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #500 ·
Lily: The Fat Mum is still being Mean. Last night we decided to tell her at Dear God Hounds It Is Three In The Sodding Morning Okay Okay I Am Coming Stop Bloody Barking O'Clock that we needed a wee.

When she opened the back door Quick Quick Please Hounds, she discovered that we were playing a Trick. We did not need a wee - we wanted to play with the hedgehogs. There was a little hedgehog mumphing around the patio, but he did not want to play Fun Games but rolled himself into a Prickly Ball and She dragged us both back inside before we could try to persuade him to play.

And when She got us back inside she said No It Is Not Time For Breakfast and went back to bed!!

481 - 500 of 503 Posts