UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

461 - 480 of 503 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #461 ·
Tommy: I iz Not Happy. I haz something called Chewy Gum stuck to my paw and FM keeps trying to get it off, and as you all know I Do Not Like having my feet touched. I gave FM my Big Boy Warning Growl and touched my teefs Very Hard to her hand (but did not bite) and she gave up for a bit. But then she asked the Twit to muzzle me and hold me tight while she tried again and I wriggled and pulled and growled so loud that Lily started barking at FM to make her leave me Alone.

And I was so Not Happy that I headbutted FM in the face with my muzzle on.

The Chewy Gum does not bother me, but FM says It Must Come Off What If It Has Xylitol In It O My God and she has contacted the kennels and said Help If It Is Not One Thing It Is Another.

[FM: Poor Tommy! I do try to keep an eye out for chewing gum on pavements, but it's so easily missed. And I was actually frightened when he growled and snarled and grabbed my hand.]

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #463 ·
:eek: I hope you get rid of the gum - awful stuff - it sounds like you are in need of the professionals for help removing it. They don't like their paws being messed with do they?
Lily is not too bothered about paws (though she won't let me clip her nails - but although Tommy will let me wash his paws with a soft cloth, and usually allows me to hold his paws, he doesn't like anything beyond that. I have their nails sorted out at kennels (where they are as good as gold providing they can have a cuddle).

I'm waiting to hear from kennels whether they'll sort it out or whether they'll make a booking at the vet's (the downside of fostering: waiting for agreement!)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #464 ·
Lily: Fat Mum is Not Impressed. Neither is the Twit, and nor are Tommy and I.

We had an early early walk this morning, and it was not as long as usual because The Twit was going out to look at some steam trains and FM had to stop in to wait for a parcel.

We had yoghurt and peanut butters pots to calm us down when TF went out, and we were settled down for a nice zizz on the settee when FM decided she'd take us for another walk. However, when she opened the front door we said No, We Are Not Going Anywhere Without Our Twit, so we all sat down again. And then we heard a noise at the door and FM sed Hurrah, It Iz The Parcel but it was TF, in a Very Bad Mood because the silly old car was playing up and he needs to take it to pieces. But he said he might as well wait until the parcel arrives because it is something else the car needs and he might as well get it all fixed at once.

So we all lay around waiting. And we waited and waited and waited. And then we waited some more. And some more. And FM sed Well It Can't Be Much Sodding Longer. And then at 4 o'clock the phone went Ping! and Our Twit looked at it and sed Rude Words.

Because it was a message from the people bringing the parcel saying they would deliver it sometime between 6 and 8 tonight. And if they had known that before, we wouldn't have wasted a nice afternoon but we could have gone for a lovely long walk in the fields and the Twit would have enjoyed it even though he didn't manage to look at his steam trains.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #465 ·
Tommy: Twit's parcel arrived at five to eight last night. TF and FM only knew it had arrived because Lily and I have sharp hearing and ran to the door when we heard the porch door open. By the time we got there, the parcel man had gone - he didn't even ring the bell and we learnt some Interesting New Words from Our Twit.

Today TF must fix the car and FM has to go out, so we're not going to get much of a walk today either. And tomorrow he really really really wants to go and look at the steam trains he didn't get to look at yesterday, so it will be ages and ages and ages before all four of us have a lovely really lovely long walk again.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #466 ·
Lily: I haz been Clever Big Brave Girl Lily Good Girl Kissie Kissie! We all went for a walk early this morning, and then the Twit went off to look at his steam trains leaving Tommy and me all alone and abandoned 'cept for FM. I whinged a bit, so we had peanut and yoghurt pots to calm us down, and then we all just mumphed round the house, just like we did when he went out the other day. But halfway through the afternoon FM filled her pockets with treats and poo bags and fished our leads out of the cupboard and sed Come On Kids, It Iz Too Nice To Hang About Inside. And we trotted up the road and through the paddock and up past the cottages and down the hill and back into the paddock and home again, FM sez this was about a mile and this is longer than she has got me to walk without the Twit being with us for well over a year. So we had chews when we got home, and slept until teatime and when the Twit came home we told him All About It.

Tommy: I like going for a walk with both my people or with just one of them: I don't know why Lily insists on both every time! It was nice today with FM and I was Good Boy Tommy Helpful Boy Helping Lily Be Brave.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #467 ·
Tommy: We had both our people on our walk today, but it was very Odd. We started on our usual circular route through the woods and the first horses' field and played the recall game in the first field. But when we were getting close to the stile into the second horses' field, FM said There Is Something Odd, Look! and the horses were all crowded down by the stile and there was a boxer-type dog tied up to the fence by the stile and two men just standing there. We walked on slowly and then the men climbed over the fence and put on some boxing gloves and went Thwack Thwack Thwack! and FM sez that was called Sparring. She also said that she did not think it was a good idea with the horses being there and also the tied up dog, so we turned round and came away.
FM said she did not think the farmer who owns the fields and the horses knew about the Sparring Men, so she phoned the pub and asked them to pop next door to the farmhouse to let them know, and they said of course they would, it sounded Very Odd indeed, and dangerous if the horses got spooked.
So we modged through the woods, and we did not go up the High Woods path because there were some runners coming down, and FM said Oh Blimey If They Go Through The Horses Field It Could Be Carnage, but they went on down through the woods. And when we got to the bit where the path divides and then joins up again a bit later, Lily did not want to follow me and the Twit, but dragged FM along the other path until the bit where the path meets again and waited for me and the Twit to get there. And Fm said Good Gawd, She Is Playing Hunt the Twit Of Her Own Accord and there were biskits.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #468 ·
Tommy; I iz Houdini Hound. I haz astounded FM and TF. We went to the pub for lunch, and FM noticed that I had my head down and that my house collar was about to slip over my ears. So she got up to push it back, and sed Gaw Blimey O'Riley We Have An Escapologist.

Because although my lead was still fixed to my harness, and the buckles of my harness were still fastened, I was Not Wearing my harness! It was on the floor behind me and they have no idea how I did it!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #469 ·
Lily: We iz Not Happy Hounds. When we was guzzling our beakfasts, FM snuck up on us from behind and did that thing with the flea treatment. We does not like the flea treatment.

Tommy: But afterwards we had a special yummy treat! It was beefy Yum and it was fab!

Lily: It was a worming tablet, idiot brother!

Tommy: I iz not Idiot Brother! I know beefy tasting Yum when I eat it!

Lily: It was Yum, I grant you that. But it was still Meddy Sun.

Tommy: FM said it was Strengthening Meddy Sun!

Lily: Yes well, she's odd like that.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #471 · (Edited)
FM: The Terrible Twosome are so miffed about flea treatment that they forgot to tell their friends how clever they were yesterday. We played Hunt The Twit,Llittle Fat Mum in charge of the brace of hounds: and they hunted as a pair. There was not much wind, so the scent lay well: Tommy walked along scenting the air, while Lily looked around her for any clues. They raced along the paths, FM bouncing along behind them, and found their Twit in record time.

·
Earth, the insane asylum of the Universe
4,973 Posts
FM: The Terrible Twosome are so miffed about flea treatment that they forgot to tell their friends how clever they were yesterday. We played Hunt The Twit,Llittle Fat Mum in charge of the brace of hounds: and they hunted as a pair. There was not much wind, so the scent lay well: Tommy walked along scenting the air, while Lily looked around her for any clues. They raced along the paths, FM bouncing along behind them, and found their Twit in record time.
Dam clever hounds these two - hows the whistle training going??

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #473 ·
Dam clever hounds these two - hows the whistle training going??
Pretty good: Lily comes every time, even if she's busy investigating an Interesting Smell: Tommy, however, tends eiither to look up hopefully at whoever he's standing next to (ie not the person who's just whistled) or just to turn and look at the Whistling Human until he's called (except if the whistling is part of the Hunt the Twit/Fat Mum game.) Either way he stops whatever it is that he's doing, which is fair enough by me. Lily will race back at full pelt, Tommy just saunters.

Today they were very good - we had a walk round the village on leads, and apart from Tommy showing in interest in wanting to go into every open doorway, they were Good and Obedient Hounds. It was an Exciting Day - they went to see Lee in the pet shop first, had a good wander in the fields as well as on the roads, said Hello to Tommy's first foster mum, who we bumped into on the car park, made friends with a Staffie and - unsurprisingly - ended up at the pub.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #474 ·
Lily: I iz in Disgrace. I was Good Girl Lily Clever Girl until Very Nearly Teatime.

When Fat Mum got up from watching the magic picture box to make our teas, I was so cited that I jumped up at her - only a little bit, but enough to scratch her leg. Fortunately she had trousis on so I didn't break the skin, but she went Ouch Ouch No Lily Four On Floor. But it was Wait A Minute Hound I Am Just Getting Your Tea Time then, and I was still cited, so I jumped up again and this time I scratched her arm and this time I did break the skin and she said NO Lily Four On Floor. And then she went to get my bowl and I was so Very Very Cited I jumped up again again and this time I very nearly caught her face. And she was Not Happy with me and said Right Lady We Are Going To Work On This. And the Twit said What On Earth Is The Matter and she said If You Would Give Me A Sodding Hand Like I Asked Instead Of Sitting There Listening To The Bloody Test Match You Might Have Found Out And Now You Have Got Your Bum Off The Sofa Make Yourself Useful And Put A Plaster On My Arm Before The Floor Looks Like The Texas Chain Saw Massacre.

Tommy and I have had our teas and are sitting with the Twit and Fat Mum has gone upstairs for a Good Sulk.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #475 ·
Tommy: Oh oh oh. I have made Mummy go Ouch.

I did not mean to make her go Ouch - we were having sofa cuddles and she was brushing my tum and everything was all blissful and nice, but then she caught a tangled bit of my coat with the brush, and I was so comfy I had dozed off, and she hadn't noticed and the brush tugged gently and I was so startled that I did something Very Norty before I had properly woked up.

I bit her! I did not mean to bite her, and I did not break the skin, but she went Ouch Ouch Ouchie. Then she apologised to me and then Mr Sad came along.

Mummy does not like Mr Sad visiting, so I had a biskit to make sure I was really awake and then some more cuddles and there will be no more Mr Brush today. So I iz not really in trouble, but I know I should not have bitten. Sorry, Mummy!

FM: My fault entirely - I didn't notice he'd dropped off. No damage, other than a fine crop of bruises across my fingers, but when a big strong dog like Tommy lets you know he's not happy, you certainly know about it! On the plus side, he's finally let me get the last remaining bit of chewing gum off his paw, so the bruises were worth it!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #478 ·
Poor Tommy, I hope he's feeling better soon.
He's a bit perkier now: interested in bikkies, had a nice long walk and no more tummy gurgles for some hours. It would seem to be something he ate, but Lord only knows what - they didn't have anything different last night. But their poos are a bit runny today (even by greyhound standards) and on the dark side, so I think it may be a touch of GI.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #479 · (Edited)
Lily: It haz been an Interesting Day. First of all it was wet at lunchtime when we went for our pub lunch with Peggy The Even Littler Than Me greyhound, so we wore our Big Raincoats. Mine iz Bright Yellow with a black stripe down the back and Fat Mum said Gor Blimey Look At That Sexy Wiggle, You Will Have To Take A Video Of her Doing That (but of course The Twit had not got his Twitphone with him). And He had steak pie and peas and chipsies for his lunch and saved us some and Fat Mum had Cheezy Broccoli Bake what has no Nonions in it, so we can have have some of that as well. And she had a side salad and gave us the little tomatoes. And I was fed up waiting for ours to go cool enough for us to eat and whined and stole a piece of something called Cucumber of her plate. And She said She'll Spit It Out In a Second, but I didn't! I went Crunch! and it was Yum! So I asked for some more, and they gave Tommy some too, and he agreed it was Yum.

And then tonight we had a Parcel (which I helped unwrap) and it was something called a Hammock for the back of the car so Tommy and I do not try to fall off the back seat. Fat Mum said (doubtfully) that we will love it, but I shall make my own mind up about that!

·
loving life
2,415 Posts
Lily: It haz been an Interesting Day. First of all it was wet at lunchtime when we went for our pub lunch with Peggy The Even Littler Than Me greyhound, so we wore our Big Raincoats. Mine iz Bright Yellow with a black stripe down the back and Fat Mum said Gor Blimey Look At That Sexy Wiggle, You Will Have To Take A Video Of her Doing That (but of course The Twit had not got his Twitphone with him). And He had steak pie and peas and chipsies for his lunch and saved us some and Fat Mum had Cheezy Broccoli Bake what has no Nonions in it, so we can have have some of that as well. And she had a side salad and gave us the little tomatoes. And I was fed up waiting for ours to go cool enough for us to eat and whined and stole a piece of something called Cucumber of her plate. And She said She'll Spit It Out In a Second, but I didn't! I went Crunch! and it was Yum! So I asked for some more, and they gave Tommy some too, and he agreed it was Yum.

And then tonight we had a Parcel (which I helped unwrap) and it was something called a Hammock for the back of the car so Tommy and I do not try to fall off the back seat. Fat Mum said (doubtfully) that we will love it, but I shall make my own mind up about that!
I hope you like the hammock.;)

461 - 480 of 503 Posts