Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Lily the Hound is here...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by tyg'smum, Aug 1, 2020.

1. tyg'smum

tyg'smum PetForums Member

Personally I think we have mistakenly brought the wrong dog home; we cannot take her on enough walks to satisfy her (she must have had at least two hours today), she shows no signs of wanting to be a couch potato, and she is not the "timid" little girl we were led to believe - she is a brazen hussy who is anybody's if they look as though they may be secreting a doggy treat about their person. And she is an absolute delight, and I love her to pieces.
    . Lily2.jpg

2. Kaily

Kaily PetForums Member

She is a beauty. :)

3. tyg'smum

Isn't she just - and she has us under her little paws already.

lullabydream and rona like this.
  4. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

She’s probably feeling a bit discombobulated at the moment ;)

lullabydream likes this.
  5. tyg'smum

Oh, certainly! We are trying to stick as near as possible to her usual routine, but she has other ideas; we were told that if her evening meal isn't in her bowl at 7, she shouts loudly for it - instead of which she steadfastly ignored it and demanded yet another walk.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  6. Sarah H

Sarah H Grand Empress of the Universe

Sounds like she's a bit stressed tbh. When we brought Fly (lurcher) home, I remember he wanted to be outside walking a lot too. It was a way to relieve his stress when actually he needed to rest and chill out not stay aroused and stimulated.

7. tyg'smum

Well, she's flat out on her bed at the moment, using her teddy as a pillow. Her former foster mum - a friend of mine - thinks Madam may just be setting her ground rules out. She didn't have much of a walk yesterday as it was so hot, so perhaps she needed a good walk or three. Anyway, she's eaten, drunk, peed and pooed and had a look at the garden, which seems to be up to her expectations, so we'll see what tomorrow brings.

8. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

Sounds like she’s landed on her feet what a pretty girl.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  9. Teddy-dog

Teddy-dog PetForums VIP

She’s lovely. Does sound a bit unsettled like she doesn’t know what to do with herself! Greyhounds can be sensitive things. I’m sure she’ll settle in no time :D

#9 Teddy-dog, Aug 2, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
  10. tyg'smum

This morning I am the Devil Incarnate until I manage to get Madam's collar and lead on: then we have a walk where we are startled by a crow, have to stop to listen to the wood pigeons and outstare a cat. Get back home, take collar and lead off and become Devil Incarnate again.

FAW56, lullabydream and rona like this.
  11. tyg'smum

An hour and a half walk across the Seven Cornfields and a good wander round he garden, during which time she realised Mum has an apple tree. We like apples...

lullabydream, SbanR and FAW56 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice