Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Liliths nose

Discussion in 'Small Animal Chat' started by Engel98, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Engel98

Engel98 PetForums Senior

This has appeared on liliths nose over the past couple of days. Any ideas what it is?

She's still eating and drinking well. Very active. She's approximately 14-16 months old. IMG_20200123_225820259.jpg IMG_20200123_225729706.jpg

2. ForestWomble

ForestWomble PetForums VIP

No idea, but any growths need to be seen by a vet ASAP, hopefully it's nothing, but better safe than sorry, I'd try and get an appointment today or tomorrow, especially with it being on the nose.
    Hope she's OK.

Engel98 likes this.
  3. Engel98

Engel98 PetForums Senior

All good, I think. They said it doesn't appear to be a growth, more likely something rubbing on her nose, like seen in bar biting. Keep an eye on it for now as it doesn't seem to be bothering her and not sore

ForestWomble likes this.
  4. ForestWomble

ForestWomble PetForums VIP

That's good to know. I'm sure you will, but would be worth trying to find out what she is rubbing on to cause that.

5. Engel98

Engel98 PetForums Senior

The only thing I can think of is the bars. she pushes her nose through them to be nosey. normally when its feeding time :/

She's also taken to chewing the plastic shelf in the corner so she'd have to wedge her nose in the small gap in order to chew it. I have since removed the shelf which sucks as she's a height loving Syrian even though she's considered a senior now

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice