Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Like the food but not the flavour?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Colette, May 15, 2010.

1. Colette

Colette PetForums VIP

Just wondering what other folks are like - are there many foods that you like the thing itself, but can't stand the flavour or things made from it? Or vice versa?

Mine are:

Offal. I can't stand liver, kidney, etc. but I will eat most foods made from wierd bits - faggots, black pudding, pate etc.

Fruit. Never been a fan - I think its mainly a texture thing but I always find the taste disappointing. But I love fruit juice, and can drink Innocent smoothies by the litre.

Milk. Bleugh! But love cheese, yoghurt, ice cream, cream, etc.

Chocolate. I love chocolate, but would never choose chocolate cake, ice cream, milkshake etc. if there was a different option.

My mums things is strawberries - one of her favourite fruits but can't stand strawberry flavoured stuff, even jam.

So any more to add?

2. Vampyria

Vampyria PetForums VIP

Tomato - Never liked the fruit but very much like ketchup, tomato soups, tinned chopped tomatoes, tomato puree etc.
    :D

3. lifeizsweet

lifeizsweet PetForums VIP

I'm the same with strawberries, love the real ones but hate sweets and imitation things.

4. RockRomantic

RockRomantic Gobsh!te

im with you on this one love strawberries but hate strawberry milkshake and strawberry flavoured stuff

5. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

im the same, i hate real tomatoes as i call them lol.

6. smudgiesmummy

smudgiesmummy PetForums VIP

coffee the drink i cant stand but i love coffee cake and coffee flavoured chocolates

7. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

Yep! Cheese cake................it dont taste like cheese but it is stunning.
    and Carrot Cake, not too keen on too many carrots, but this cake dont taste like carrots and it is another stunning bit of food mmmm

8. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

im the opposite of most of you, i dont really like strawberries, but dont mind strawberry flavoured things.

and i hate tomato but i like heinz tomato soup. lol

9. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

I love strawberries & bananas but can't stand anything strawberry or banana flavoured apart from strawberry jam & really hate it when these things are added to bought smoothies as I think they overpower all the other fruit
    I don't like the texture of tomatoes but love tomato puree & homemade tomato soup
    I don't like the taste of coffee or coffee flavoured things but I love the smell of it, especially the freshly ground stuff & I love the smell of coconut but the texture sets my teeth on edge

10. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I'm the same with offal. Can't stand it but I like faggots and black pudding :)

11. hayleyb

hayleyb PetForums VIP

not sure if this is the same but i love chocolate and everythin flavoured of it but hate anythin that smells like it. candles and those microwave teddies. i cant abide it.

food wise i dnt think theres anythin altho i dnt like crabs but i like crab paste in the jar.

12. Vampyria

Vampyria PetForums VIP

Toffee is another one. I love real toffee but many toffee-flavoured things make me gag as they usually taste of coffee (which I don't like full stop :p)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice