Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Lightweight waterproof gloves?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by labradrk, Oct 13, 2013.

1. labradrk

labradrk PetForums VIP

Right folks, I know I can rely on you for personal recommendations. After getting soaked this morning, I need a pair of decent gloves. I would rather they were lightweight and waterproof. I have bulky ski gloves and while comfortable, they are totally impractical.

I've heard good things about SealSkinz but the question is, which ones?

Any other recommendations welcomed!!

2. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

I had some Sealskinz last for over ten years - they were the "grippers" and were absolutely superb. At present I have some Mountain Horse padded leather riding gloves which are also superb - waterproof, warm and still allow dexterity.

I have noticed Sealskinz do riding gloves....maybe they are the Holy Grail of the glove world? :eek: :D.

3. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

Watching with interest because I want a pair too

4. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

5. labradrk

labradrk PetForums VIP

Link?? :)

Which SealSkinz do you have? I like the look/price of the Amazon ones.

6. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

I tried to find mine last night for someone else and I think Mountain Horse have discontinued them to be replaced with another sort. I think they were padded "general purpose" or "utility" or some such name. Sorry :eek:. Rideaway Equestrian Equipment - Horse Riding Wear, Saddlery & Riding Boots | Ride-Away has a huge selection of gloves including MH and Sealskinz.

7. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

I have the Ladies All Season gloves. They are amazing for when it is really cold, my hands were toasty warm last winter. They aren't too bulky either so I can gets stuff out of my pockets without fumbling around too much.

I am using the ones from Amazon at the moment, especially when it's raining & Roxy is on a long lead - my hands were getting filthy, cold & wet otherwise

8. Bobbie

Bobbie PetForums VIP

So glad someone asked about waterproof gloves I think we will all need them going to look now.

9. foxyrockmeister

foxyrockmeister PetForums VIP

Sealskinz Ultra grip for me :) They are excellent.

I hate bulky ski type gloves because I find it really hard to use my hands! Clipping leads, picking up poo and getting treats out of pockets is impossible!

The Sealskinz Ultra grippers are lightweight, non-bulky, but water and wind proof so lovely and warm, even when making and throwing snowballs!

These are the ones I have:

Ultra Grip Gloves - Black : SealSkinz

10. labradrk

labradrk PetForums VIP

These are what I'm leaning towards at the moment. Did you order from the website or is there a cheaper supplier I'm missing?

11. foxyrockmeister

foxyrockmeister PetForums VIP

I've had mine for ages and they were a present so not sure where they came from. It does seem a bit pricey for a pair of gloves I know, but I promise you they will last for years and you won't regret it :)

12. Lauren5159

Lauren5159 Lover of Terriers, loser of the plot.

Another vote for Sealskinz Ultra Grip... I have a horse so the fact that I can use my gloves for both riding and dog walking, is a winner :)

They are amazing!

And my SealSkinz are three years old now :)

13. Stellabelly

Stellabelly PetForums Senior

Lowe Storm Glove Womens Black - Lowe Alpine - Lowe Alpine - All Brands - £27.00 - Trekitt Mountain Sports

I got these while I was on holiday in Wales. Recommended by one of the outdoor shops. Not tried them yet but wanted waterproof as well as warm. How many times have I had nice warm gloves on a dogwalk only to get soaked in the winter and end up with freezing fingers :). I tried getting dog treats out of my treat bag before buying and they are such a good fit and not at all bulky so it was easy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice