UK Pet Forums Forum banner

Lighting In An Oak Tank?

372 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  mmcmurrayxx 
#1 ·
Hi! I recently got a ball python about two months ago, if even. He's quite big and active at night so I'm already considering moving him into maybe a 60 gallon tank, a glass one at that. His tank Is made out of oak so his UVB is wired inside his tank and hangs from the "ceiling" of it. But at night (when its off and cooled down, don't worry) He likes to just sit up high on the wire and has knocked it all down. I've tried gluing it back up since it's not screwed in or anything but he pulled it down again.. I'll provide photos if anyone's confused.. Any advice? Thank you!

#2 ·
I would suggests taking all the UVB stuff out, and screw some proper mounts in there, and maybe affix some small trunking box to hide the wires, Ball Pythons do not really require UVB being a nocturnal species. So don't worry to much if he goes without for a while. As they tend to spend most of their time hiding. Ball pythons are secretive snakes and like dark places to hide, so UVB is not essential, it helps in ways with brightening up colours etc .
But get him some supplements to help him along the right path

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.