Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Life would be so boring..............

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Malmum, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

If it weren't for my dogs. :)

I took my three out for the last time at 11pm, fed them a small supper at around midnight and after a spell in the garden they are all crashed. They'll stay that way til well after 10am tomorrow and then i'll start with their walks again, in the summer we do everything earlier but I love late winter walks. Flynn gets three a day to keep his hips in good shape ;) Kali gets two and so does Bruce.

Sleeping like babes!
    Flynn.
    [​IMG]

Kali.
    [​IMG]

Bruce.
    [​IMG]

What's the time of your last walk of the day?

Dogless likes this.
  2. moonviolet

moonviolet PetForums VIP

Flynn, Kali and Bruce all look very content.:)

We head out for Tink's last walk somewhere between 8:30 and 9 it's just a little pavement walk around 30 mins after which she comes home to do her business. I love that it's a very rare day she goes on the pavement.:)In summer it will be later again we both hibernate a little in winter.

#2 moonviolet, Jan 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  3. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Oh bless them. Most days our last walk is a short pavement walk at around 8.15pm unless Kilo is sparked out completely, when we miss it. It very much depends on what we have done in the day as to whether he needs another one.

4. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

We did our last one 9pm yesterday. We'd spent the evening at friend for dinner, and I just took her round the block when we drove home:)

We woke up at 9am today though!!!!!! that's very late for our standards! Did a nice 60 minute all off lead walk.

5. 8tansox

8tansox PetForums VIP

Oh I'm a bad mummy then, because my dogs only get one walk a day...it usually involves a swim in the river,(for them you understand, not me!:D) it always involves a ball :)D) some training, and lots of running around though, and it can last anything between an hour and three, depending on weather, fitness of dogs and whether I'm pushed for time. :lol::lol:

6. kat&molly

kat&molly PetForums VIP

Lovely pics.
    Mine get their last walk at about 4 o'clock:eek:
    They get 2 good walks tearing about though, after dinner they all crash out for the evening and I dont hear a peep out of them:)

7. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

You all have very lucky dogs :thumbsup: mine don't get to go off lead, well Bruce does but not Kali or Flynn. Mals aren't too good at recall with their high prey drive and although I know many who do go off lead I have never trusted mine and now I think it's too late. I don't think I could handle the stress TBH i'm such a worrier, think it would kill me if they started to run off! :eek:

Just seeing how banana's Flynn goes if we see a fox when out is enough for me to be extremely cautious, one day though i'd love a big dog that I can let off lead as I'm so envious when I see dogs just running around. :(

My guys know no different though and they are so happy when their leads come out so it's all good. Off for a walk now as the lazy lil tykes are still dozing on and off, Mal are actually quite lazy until you are going to do something with them - which is a bonus! :)

8. vickieb

vickieb PetForums VIP

Mine gets 4 walks a day morning lunch and tea time all 1 hour long and depending if he poo'ed at tea he will get a 20 min mooch up the hill about 11ish before bed. I really should be thinner than I am with all the walkin I do :confused:

9. Cloud&JaysMum

Cloud&JaysMum PetForums Senior

my two get their last pavement walk about 6.30 or later depending on what time we have tea and what time hubby goes back to work ...... it only a 25 minutes round the block one ........ looking forward to when the nights draw out as then we can go out onto the footpaths and bridleways a little more.

My two are now zonked out at my feet after our walk just before lunch and Skye had a small training session :D

10. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

I wish I could walk mine all together but I can only do this with Kali and Bruce as Flynn can be dog reactive and is def fox reactive and I sometimes need two hands to hang on to the little g*t! :mad:

11. portiaa

portiaa PetForums VIP

Mines last walk can be at any time before dark:eek: we don't have set times and I don't like walking after dark as we're in a small quiet village with no lights and no ones around:eek:

Lovely pictures of the doglets all sleeping, bless them!:001_wub:

12. Shazach

Shazach PetForums VIP

Beautiful pics :p

Zach has four walks a day, his first about 6am and last about 6pm. What few pavements we have in the village don't have street lights and its pitch black on the fields, so in winter he has an early night!

13. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

I would love to live in a village surrounded by fields :( there are fields at the back of my house but farm land and fenced off. Mind you my girls said i'd be too scared to take Flynn out at all after dark if we were very rural as he's so nutty about foxes. They have a point as I have to really hang on to him at times and one time when he was being a little g*t trying to get a fox I got hold of his dogmatic to make him face me and he bit me! :eek: Went right through my thumb and Iblood every where, should have known better, this high prey drive thing is no joke.

Was funny (if painful) though as he wouldn't look at me when he realised it was me he bit and I was furious with him. Had to have a tetanus jab and all cos it was so deep!

He didn't mean it, he loves his mumma really! ;)

14. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Mine almost always have their last walk before it gets dark, I do their big walk before the kids come home from school because they wouldnt want to walk as far as we like to.

15. SixStar

SixStar Banned

Ah lovely pics - nothing quite like tired, content doggies!

Last walk of the day here is just before I go up to bed - so anywhere between 10pm and 1am really - it's just a brisk walk down the lane and back, ten mins in total, just gives them time a chance to toilet and have a quick leg stretch before bed – I don’t even bother with collars going back on, just slip leads on the greyhounds. We're very rural so we don't have anyone else around this way, so feel quite safe. It's the only time I ever walk all the dogs together - they go in two groups for their proper walks.

16. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

I'm sitting here typing at he's lying next to me - look at him the lazy old toad! :lol:

[​IMG]

I've got to wake him up and take him out later, sometimes he refuses to go out and won't come over to have his lead on, or just lies down. I reckon i'm a right nuisance at times so sometimes if he's soundo late at night I leave him but I have this silly fear that I need to keep up the exercise for the sake of his new hips and muscle around them. Poor boy, what a mum to have! :rolleyes:

17. sianrees1979

sianrees1979 PetForums VIP

dai & dinky normally get 20 miute walk if the weather's nice and dry but not cold, they don't do cold and wet (i'm lucky if they go out the garden toilet in the cold wet weather without me picking them up and putting them outside and staying with them)dai usually goes on lay down strike after 5 minutes so dinky tries her best to get him going again :D lex gets walked after 8pm when he gets around a hour walk but plays most of the day with his tennis ball in the garden unless the chickens are out in the garden then he sits by the gate watching them.

18. sskmick

sskmick PetForums VIP

I take Duke out irrespective of the weather, I put the most suitable dog coat on him, this evening it was his jumper.

Our walks are usually between 2 and 3 hours, weekends they are a bit longer. I don't have a set time to take him out for his last walk but it is usually between 7:00pm and 9:00pm. There have been occasions when I have set off at 10:00pm.

19. Paula07

Paula07 PetForums VIP

Same boat. Nick sounds just like Flynn in that respect. The things we put up with huh:rolleyes:

20. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Our last walk is usually 4pm. Just around the streets for about 30-40 minutes. I dont like to walk after dark either, coz its not a nice area and also coz the dogs are so small I worry about tripping on them!!
    If Im working my nightshifts then my friend (who dogsits for part of the night) will walk them back home from between midnight and 2am. Although often Adam is abit grumpy about being woken up and made to go out!LOL:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice