Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Licking rabbit

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by adsco86, Jan 12, 2012.

1. adsco86

adsco86 PetForums Junior

Hi ,

Just a quick question about my rabbit.

Is it normal for a rabbit to lick... when I say lick it's not just a little lick. He licks us and it's cute, but it's got to the point where he is licking cushions on the sofa and the whole cushion is wet through. Don't get me wrong I am not complaining as he could be a nibbly rabbit or nippy. It's just he goes around everything. In fact as I speak he is licking the remote control and has doen for the past five minutes.

I am worried he may be licking the taste of washing powder from cushion covers or polish on the coffee table etc. He has a salt lick in his cage so don;t think it's that?

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks,

2. B3rnie

B3rnie Guest

Sounds like he is grooming everything :lol:
    Once he has a friend he will groom them rather than anything else :)

3. bordie

bordie PetForums VIP

:w00t::w00t:get him a girl rabbit to lick he will love it:)

4. Minion

Minion PetForums Member

I was wondering the same thing. It doesn't bother me when he sits on my bed licking my teddies but he licks the radiator which is a bit concerning. I took him to my parents to see some girly rabbits because my dad was thinking about breeding them but he didn't lick them. Mystery :confused:

p.s. There will be no baby rabbits anytime soon. He thought he was suppose to hump their faces, even when they turned round for him! He's 'special' but we still love him.

5. Minion

Minion PetForums Member

It came up twice. Not sure how to delete

#5 Minion, Jan 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice