Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Licking - a lot

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Donut76, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Donut76

Donut76 PetForums VIP

Is there anything wrong with allowing a dog to continually lick you

Angel has always been licky - IF your had (leg or whatever) is in her reach she will Lick for A G E S

She doesnt seak you out to lick its just when you are stroking her or sat with your hand or leg near her (or feet yucky)

She does stop eventually BUT it can last 5-10 mins

I dont have a problem with it - I just dont want this to become an "issue"

She doesnt seem to lick as often as when we first got her BUT it is prolongued licking

I dont stop her per say (ill sometimes just move to do something else) as like children & sucking chewing etc i wasnt sure that making an issue of it would make it worse ?!

2. la468

la468 Guest

Dex is the same, he will lick forever lol. I sit on the sofa and he'll just try and lick my hands or arms. If he's on the floor then he goes for my legs. I don't have any advice as I just let him do it if I can't be bothered to move lol! I always thought it was to show affection but I could be wrong as I've never really gone into why he does it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice