Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Licences

Discussion in 'Lizards' started by Johnny share, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Johnny share

Johnny share PetForums Newbie

Hi there im looking in the future to run a small business from home breeding and selling reptiles lizards more than any other could anyone tell me what licences are required please many thanks

2. petforum

petforum Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Johnny, welcome to the forum. Your probably best phoning your local council’s animal licensing officer and discussing this directly with them, as they are responsible for licensing.

Use the page below to find your local council website, and then navigate to their licensing section to find their contact details.

https://www.gov.uk/find-local-council

Regards
    Mark

3. Johnny share

Cheers thank you very much im not doing it yet as im getting a collection ov reptiles up i just love um i got crested gecko chinese water dragon milk frogs and a ball python at mo these are my pets so when i do start to breed them these wont be sold

4. Marcia

Marcia PetForums VIP

You don't need a license to privately breed from home, only if you're keeping and/or breeding dangerous animals which would require a DWAL license. Breeding reptiles is an expensive and highly competitive hobby. You're best bet is to look at what species you want to breed, do the research and maybe chat to someone who's already established as a breeder who can give tips and advice

5. Johnny share

Im looking into running a business from home when im up and running thats why i wanted to know what licences id need

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice