Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Liberty...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by sketch, Jun 18, 2010.

1. sketch

sketch PetForums VIP

Well Libby is nearly 12 months old and still tiny, i think she has grown as much as she is going to, maybe her nervy dispostion has something to do with it, but she is teeny.
    She is now 16 1/2" to the withers and 15kg just under, maybe she is just meant to be tiny, has anyone else got ateeny BC

[​IMG]

xx

2. tafwoc

tafwoc PetForums VIP

Ahhh she is lovely! She has grown up to be such a stunner. I like her harness too :)

3. dodigna

dodigna PetForums VIP

I think she wants to make sure she stays among giants and remain the baby of the house... She knows with Rayden it is only a matter of time before he is also huge! :lol:

Sorry Sarah! Being serious now, has she had her first season, yet? Not that I know anything about this sort of things, but some one will surely be able to put your mind at rest. :)

4. sketch

sketch PetForums VIP

Nope no season yet, I think she is going to then nothing happens hunny, so im confused, maybe cause she is small for her breed i really dont know hun
    xx

5. sketch

sketch PetForums VIP

Her harness is a padded one because she makes herself sick on a collar and lead...dont ask this is Libby were talking about haha.
    She looks fully grown, just very small hunny
    xx

6. dodigna

dodigna PetForums VIP

In human terms girls too small often delay puberty, could it be the same for dogs? :confused1:

7. sketch

sketch PetForums VIP

Do you think Don, I dont know, maybe you could be right babes
    xx

8. dodigna

dodigna PetForums VIP

What's the vets' opinion on this?

9. sketch

sketch PetForums VIP

I have to speak to him again if nothing has happened y the time she is 18 months old hunny
    xx

10. dodigna

dodigna PetForums VIP

that's a long way away! :eek:
    Any chance of getting in touch with the breeder and inquire about the litter mates?

11. sketch

sketch PetForums VIP

Yeh i could do, but not sure if they keep intouch, he is a farmer hun, so maybe he does
    xx

12. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

Fliiping heck she's smaller than Amber she's 18.5" she's not mucher bigger than Willow will be when he's fully grown. He'll be about 16"

It doesn't make any difference whether her litter mates have had seasons. Amber's sister Anni has had 4 seasons Amber has only had the 1 season last july. Anni had her sirst season at 6 months Amber was 14 months.

13. sketch

sketch PetForums VIP

Aw thanks for the info hunny xx

14. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

If its any consolation the BCs I grew up with have all varied greatly in size, Meg was teeny, Polly (who looked very much like Libby) was a strapping girl (she got a bit too strapping after the sheep were sold & had to go on a diet!), Katie, my aunt & uncle's current girl, is quite small & they're waiting to see how big Fen gets as she's only 3 months old:)

15. new westie owner

new westie owner PetForums VIP

Hi i had 1 years ago he was smaller than yours he was handsome boy yours is gorgeous too :thumbup:

16. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

collies do seem to vary in size quite a bit.

i also have a small pooch though :) skye is small for her breed, she is also a year old now and she weighs about 24kgs, and they say females should weigh around 25-32kgs. she might fill out a bit more, but shes quite short compared to other flat coats as well. so i think i have a smaller flatty hehe!!

we met one the other day, a male, but he was huge in comparison to her. and both her parents were also really big.

17. sketch

sketch PetForums VIP

Thanks guys, maybe she was just meant to be a little squirt ha ha
    xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice