Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Libby

Discussion in 'Cat Rescue and Adoption' started by catcoonz, May 1, 2013.

1. catcoonz

catcoonz PetForums VIP

I will as planned post you Libby's blanket next week so you can get Pudds used to her scent.
    She will be used to strange cats aswell as i plan to get her used to some of the other cats so hopefully Libby will feel more at home and we have an easy introduction.

If you need anything im here, and im sure others will give valuable advise aswell to ensure Libby settles quickly. xxx:)

2. Jansheff

Jansheff PetForums VIP

I'm sure no one thinks you are being selfish. No one likes to think of kittens being lost, but it's human nature to try and find a positive somewhere in a sad situation.

Glad little Libby isn't upset or unwell after what happened.

3. sharonchilds

sharonchilds PetForums VIP

Congratulations Muffin, how lovely for you and Libby to have found each other.
    Also im sorry for poor Libby and hope she is doing well now, i didnt think you sounded selfish at all, quite the opposite :D

4. crispycat

crispycat PetForums Member

ah muffin u must be so looking forward to ur new arrival! will u be driving there? good luck with the journey!

5. catcoonz

catcoonz PetForums VIP

Libby today getting some fresh air.

Attached Files:

6. danniandnala

danniandnala PetForums VIP

She's bloody gorgeous xx

7. catcoonz

catcoonz PetForums VIP

Libby is booked in for her spay Monday 8.40am, once home i will post a photo of her stitches.

8. muffin789

muffin789 PetForums Senior

Blimey, that's some tail on her!!!!! It's so long it looks as if it's got a life of its own! :D

Gorgeous girl :001_wub: I've had a horrible day at work, and that pic's just made me smile :thumbsup:

9. catcoonz

catcoonz PetForums VIP

Word of warning as ive just found out. Dont eat pizza in front of Libby, she loves it. xx;)

10. muffin789

PMSL!!!! Typical!!! I've just been tucking into one too!

Mind you, Smartlie my silly white girl loved curry (and poppadoms) and chinese - daren't have a takeway when she was around! :p

Thanks for the warning, CC - I'll remember to eat them in secret :thumbsup:

11. catcoonz

catcoonz PetForums VIP

Its the Texas pizza and potatoe wedges she loves, ive never know a cat to like bbq sauce, but im enjoying the kisses and headbutts. :D

12. muffin789

So funny!!!! At this rate, I'll be eating the cat food while she tucks into the contents of my freezer!!!! And I'm very much looking forward to a good dose of kisses, headbutts and cuddles :D Pudds isn't much of a lap-sitter, but I get my snuggles in bed so I don't mind that too much xxxx

13. catcoonz

catcoonz PetForums VIP

Libby has a very strict daily regrime.

9am, as she is very lazy in the mornings.....weetabix with lactose free milk plus a cup tea.

10am, has to be cuddles before heading back to bed.

1pm, will have her dinner and a play, headbutts and cuddle or just happily to play football around the house.

4pm, back to bed but not for long as 5pm dinner time where she patiently somehow manages to get her paw from under the table, as you bend down to give kisses she pinches your dinner.

6.30pm, playtime and lazy evening, depends on what im doing, if im trying to read a book, libby will place herself under the book on my lap and keep trying to flip the pages over with her nose, which then results in headbutts and wet kisses.

Telly is good, she enjoys the ednf energy adverts best where she tries to catch the little neon thing across the screen chattering to herself.

Right now we are having a chat, yes i talk to her and it makes more sense than asking the kids what they have done at college.

Bath time is fun, she likes to lay across the door in the bathroom staring at you, little paranoid about that but she wont tell anybody of the fat bits lol.

10pm, back to bed for cuddles and purrs so loud when i put the pillow over my head she gets under it for kisses.

To say i adore her wouldnt be enough, im completely in love with Libby and although i had to buy her cheaply she was the best £45 ive ever spent and yes i would do it again, she is so affectionate.
    Tablets are easy, anything you want to do with her she just sits and is so good.....then i forget and do my own cats and world war 3 breaks out ....
    why cant all cats be like this.:)

14. muffin789

I'm tearing up a little, cos she sounds like such a gorgeous little bundle, and I know she is going to be just the best addition to the family!! I am certain that Pudds is going to fall for her too :D

When she's ready to come home, I'm going to try to book a week (or as much of one as possible) off work so I can be here to do the intros properly, and to make sure that Libby's hectic daily routine doesn't get too upset!!!

Very much looking forward to snuggling with her and watching the telly :thumbsup: I'm, going to see if I can find some cat play apps on my iPad to entertain us all too.

One thing I've been told is that, if she's got Bengal in her, she might yell a bit - how true is that?? I know you've said she's talkative and likes to chatter, which I think is so cute, but out and out wailing would be quite a surprise!! Not that it's a problem at all, but all my cats have been Justas, and only mildly vocal so my experience of noisy cats is very limited!

And don't worry about talking to her - I talk to Pudds all the time!! We sit for half an hour after I get home from work and have a bit of a chat, and I always tell her who's on the phone when it rings. I find her by far the most appreciative audience!! We've had several long convos about Libby, and I've shown her some pics too :eek: Think she thought I'd gone a bit mental, but I shall keep working on her!!

It'll be the best day ever when I bring her home! :D xxxx

15. catcoonz

catcoonz PetForums VIP

To be honest i dont think she has any Bengal in her, she is a domestic shorthair. Ive heard Bengals are howlers or yowlers but ive never met one, Libby doesnt howl she just chatters, she does get a little louder when she is calling the pigeon which frightens the poor thing away then she sits chattering quietly telling it to come back.
    Her chattering wont make you jump its not that loud, my own queens are much louder than her when in season.

16. Calinyx

Calinyx PetForums VIP

She actually has similar markings, all be it darker, as our mau/coonie Nyx.
    You can see pictures of her in my gallery or on my flickr link. Libby even has the stripey 'lemur' tail like Nyx:p

17. muffin789

I'm not bothered in the least what type of cat she is; she's very special and that's all that matters!! I am a wee bit relieved I won't have to worry too mucg about her yowling the place down while I'm at work though :thumbsup:

Cali, I'll check out your pics in a sec :) I think her tail is something else!!! I may have to give it a name of it's own! ;)

18. Fiji444

Fiji444 Guest

Even though Betsy is only part Bengal she is very loud at the vets and they can hear her coming. She is not loud at home though apart from when it comes to putting food bowls down.

19. catcoonz

catcoonz PetForums VIP

Calinyx, beautiful photo's. xxx

Libby is quiet but thats probably due to my hearing aid being switch off. (joking) . xxx:p

20. Calinyx

Calinyx PetForums VIP

Thank you:eek:

Nyx is a very loud chatterbox! She's like the Mau there. We get a running dialogue where ever she is in the house. She will 'cack' at us if we laugh loudly when she's sleeping. There is no privacy at all, as she will sit and meow very, very loudly if you have the cheek to close a door.

What ever Libby is, I hope she brings her new slave as much enjoyment as we've had from Nyxy!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice