Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Libby

Discussion in 'Cat Rescue and Adoption' started by catcoonz, May 1, 2013.

1. danniandnala

danniandnala PetForums VIP

Awww no poor Libby...is she ok cc.

At least she can go to.her new home sooner xx

2. Fiji444

Fiji444 Guest

Yes I know and was really pleased for her.

3. catcoonz

catcoonz PetForums VIP

Libby is fine, bless her.
    Guess this means it makes room for another cat sooner as Libby will be in her new home quicker than first planned.

4. SamanthaGoosey

SamanthaGoosey PetForums VIP

At least something positive came out of the situation, poor girl :(

5. cats galore

cats galore PetForums VIP

i'm sorry to hear this CC. poor Libby probably wasn't fit/strong enough. so glad she was with you rather than with the original 'owners'. at least now she can go off to her new forever home and you can then have space for another poor cat in need of help. RIP little babies xx

6. carly87

carly87 PetForums VIP

I'm sending you huge hugs. I've got a very accurate web source that shows pics and gives descriptions at 5 weeks, and I know that even most breeders can't look through that without crying, so I know what you saw must have been horrendous. If you need an ear, you've got my number.

7. crispycat

crispycat PetForums Member

gentle cuddles for libby and for you cc this must have been so distressing for both of you - i am hoping like in humans this can only mean that something wasnt quite right for the poor babies - i hope she makes a swift recovery and is able to go to her new mum soon!

8. catcoonz

catcoonz PetForums VIP

Its not something people wish to see but glad it was on lino and not on my lounge carpet.
    I feel really sorry for Libby but this is only my own feelings as she is acting like a normal cat, having cuddles and playing with her ball.

Libby will be spayed on tuesday next week, microchipped at the same time then once recovered will go to her new home, so we are looking at 3 weeks time all being well with stitches.

9. carly87

carly87 PetForums VIP

I bet you are. You'd never have lifted that stain out! You've got a stronger stomach than me.

10. Jansheff

Jansheff PetForums VIP

Poor Libby - sounds as though she doesn't realise anything untoward has happened though. Sounds as though it must have been a worse experience for CC. Better it happened then I suppose, then the kits be born alive and die later leaving Libby upset. Nature is cruel sometimes.

11. muffin789

muffin789 PetForums Senior

I've only just got home from work, so only now able to post since reading a PM from CC earlier; thank you for letting me know, CC, by the way.

I'm obviously gutted for little Libby, and am praying that she'll recover well; I'm also a bit sad for me (in an odd way, I'm sure many people will think), as I'd have been made up to see her kittens.

However, on the other hand I am happy that she gets to come home earlier, which I know is really selfish! But as everyone's said, it will mean that CC has room for more rescues, so there is a positive to be seen.

I'm so glad she was with you, CC, and thank you for taking take of her; by the sounds of it that wouldn't have been the case in her previous home :(

Please give her a gentle cuddle from me, and tell her I'm thinking of her xxxxx

12. welshjet

welshjet PetForums VIP

Sorry to read your post and what happened

Hugs to you and cuddles to libby xxx

13. sarahecp

sarahecp Crazy Cat Lady of Bucks

I'm really sorry to hear this CC :( I can imagine it wasn't a nice experience but glad Libby was with you when this happened, I hate to think what could have been :( sending big (((hugs))) to you both xx

I always believe things happen for a reason, the lovely Libby can now go home sooner to Muffin leaving room for more rescues :)

14. muffin789

I wanted to come back and add a little to this, as I think my earlier may have come across a little bit selfish. I'm sorry to anyone who might have thought I was only concerned with myself and getting my hands on Libby sooner than planned; the only thoughts in my mind are for Libby's welfare, and for CC and everything she's had to cope with today.

CC, I meant to send you my best wishes; it must have been a horrible situation, and I wanted to send you my hugs and love too. I can't even begin to imagine what a situation like that is like, and I know I would be at an absolute loss.

Libby was so lucky to be with you, and I am hugely grateful and full if admiration for your love and care for her.

THANK YOU for everything you're doing for Libby; I am looking forward to bringing her home, and I'm also really looking forward to meeting you and saying thank you properly xxxxx

15. Cazzer

Cazzer PetForums VIP

So sorry to hear Libby lost her babies, must have been an awful day x

16. sarahecp

sarahecp Crazy Cat Lady of Bucks

You didn't come across as being selfish, you were thinking of Libby and there being room for more rescues :)

17. catcoonz

catcoonz PetForums VIP

Muffin, you are not selfish at all and it never entered my mind that you was.
    Sometimes things happen for a reason, yes its sad she went into labour early but then there must have been a problem for this to happen.

It wasnt nice for me but Libby is non the worse for wear, infact she is still the happy, chattering adorable girl she has been.

It does mean she will be ready earlier, but im happy to keep her as long as needed, no rush. Libby can now put all her energy into getting fatter rather than being drained feeding kittens.

To be honest i would rather deal with what happened today than sit with newborn kittens and lose them, she could have been mated by any old tom cat who could have had any infection, we wont know why it happened only that Libby is fine and now i dont need to worry about problems with labour. xxx:)

18. claire8234

claire8234 PetForums VIP

Sorry to hear about this. I hope Libby makes a speedy recovery and finds a new forever home soon

xx

19. muffin789

Thanks CC. I just had a bit of a wobble that I'd sounded a bit cat-grabbing and uncaring!!! Funny what the brain does when you're thinking back over things you've said!!!

As I said via PM, I'll be ready for at the ned of the month/early next providing she's ready to be moved - think the timing should work well :)

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help xxxxx

20. Treaclesmum

Treaclesmum PetForums VIP

So sorry to hear about Libby, I am glad she's had no ill effects xxx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice